Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

# of posts question

Options
I'm not one of those guys that has to have the most posts on a site and certainly do not by any measure, but I made comments to 3 posts this morning and all three said post #700.  I thought maybe it didn't update until you signed out and back in so tried that.  It now shows post 701 on all three.  Does the counter only increment once for each period when you sign in and post/comment?  Not a big deal as I only noticed because of the double zero on the count but curious.
A poor widows son.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    It's probably just Vanilla Forums acting up. Sometimes the posted times will be goofed up too. Pretty sure it usually just counts as you post.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options

It doesn't number your posts, it just keeps your current total next to your name.  So every time you post, it will increment the total on all of your past posts as well.
    NOLA
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I noticed it affected all posts, but with three different comments to three threads it only incremented by one.  It also incremented by one for a new discussion (this one) that I started.  Again not a big deal to me but seems odd.  Of course now it shows 702 on the opening post and 703 on this one.  I'm REALLY confused now.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    Options
    Forgetaboutit this is not worth my time or anyone elses!  I dislike this Vanilla but love this forum.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    during the last forum transfer to vanilla i lost about half my post count and a bunch of old links no longer work. they should just get rid of the count anyways or just stop counting after say 500
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options

testing testing +1

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Your post count is not updated in real time but it should be fairly accurate.

edited August 2014
    Options
    I haven't been keeping very close track but mine seems to be fairly accurate.
    LG BGE...PSWOOII-CI...PLATESETTER...THERMAPEN...MAVERICK-ET-733

Thumb MI
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    I just erased my bookmarks and my drafts and  my comment went away also. That sucks but Oh well, Party On!
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter