Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reverse Sear Pit Beef ,,,YAHOOOOO, Good Stuff!

JimboBQ
JimboBQ Posts: 197
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
8eb3bb7b.jpg
<p />Nature Boy made it look so good I had to try it. Rubbed it down with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick and left it in the fridge overnight. I smoked it at 225 for about 3.5 hours to an internal of 140. It didn't take long on the small egg. Then I let the Guru puff the fire up to about 500 for a good sear. This roast was not 4 sided, more like a sirloin tip. 3 sides to sear. Here's a pic before the sear.[p]Jimbo[p]

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    JimboBQ,
    Is that direct using GrateMates???? or is there a drip pan I can't see. [p]Cheers,
    New Bob
    W/old eyes

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    RoastBeef.jpg
    <p />JimboBQ,[p]That's lookin' Gooood.... there Jim!![p]The pic above is your cook...baas ackwards!![p]Sear...then indirect till 140 degrees.[p]Daaaaarn gooood, and easy, like you say!![p]RoastBeef2.jpg[p]have a great Christmas Holiday Jim!![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • JimboBQ
    New Bob,
    That's a GrateMates set up with aluminium foil over the BGE baking dish. That set up turns the small into a great little cooker.[p]Jimbo[p]

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • JimboBQ
    Chubby,
    Couldn't have done it without the GreatMates set-up. Thanks for a great product!
    Merry Christmas Evans and Happy Holidays to all on this here board![p]Jimbo

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    JimboBQ,
    Looks great...BUT......the guru`s probes/wires will not handle 500°..hope the guru comes out as well as the beef...FWIW[p]Wess

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    JimboBQ,[p]Thanks for the clarification. I am still in the process of setting up my small.[p]Regards,
    New Bob