Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am cooking burgers on the egg for the first time. From what I have read, 1/3 - 1/2 pound burgers with a divit in the middle cooked at 500-600 degrees lid closed for 5 minutes each side. My burger will get chopped onions and perhaps mushrooms mixed in, but the family likes it simple. Theirs will get cowlick and maybe some pepper, but hardly anything else. The hamburger I have is very lean, previously frozen, limosine <sp?> beef, so I don't know if that makes a difference.[p]Thanks,[p]Ed

Comments

• Ed in TX,
    I grill mine at 375-400 until they feel like the meaty part under the inside of your hand when you press the second fingertip to the tip of your thumb. Thats ( to me ) the prerfect hambuger doneness. I think at 600 degrees it would be a lot faster depending on the thickness of the meat.
    360 guy-gary

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Ed in TX, doing bugers at 500-600 may be a ebrow burning experience. What out for backdraft.

• guavawood
    Options
    Ed in TX,[p]Wrap a full piece of uncooked bacon around the edge of burger streching it a little should just barely overlap and pin with a toothpick. Keeps a nice shape around burger, looks and tastes great![p]aloha,[p]Greg
  • guava wood,
    We've got a friend with a house in Wikaloha on the big island. Spent two weeks there a couple years ago and LOVED it. Would move there in a heartbeat. [p]Green eyed in TX,[p]Thanks,[p]Ed