Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fresh Blueberry Cobbler

NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited July 2014 in EggHead Forum
My first cobbler period. 10" CI pan cobbler. 375℉ for roughly a hour. Pics could've been better but, that's what happens w/ a low battery and no flash. :-P
Melted the butter (1 stick).
imageimageimage

Pulled off the egg and added in batter and blueberries (about 4C of berries).
imageimage

Finished and plated.
imageimage

Thanks for looking :-)
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Dang! I was just telling SWMBO I really want to make blueberry cobbler with the blueberries in the fridge. She says, but the kids won't eat it, and it's too much for just us. I can't figure my silly kids out, won't eat fruit desserts like this. They do like raw carrots and celery. Man they're weird. But at least they aren't obese.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816

Wow, nice looking cobbler

@DMW +1 with the kids and eating, our two little boys are the same as yours

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• NPHuskerFL
    @DMW‌ the fresh berries were good eating all by themselves. We lay them out flat on a cookie sheet w/ parchment paper and freeze and then in freezer bags. If you've ever eaten frozen grapes the blueberries are good this way and don't lose their texture for dishes. They're also excellent blended w/ some Greek yogurt.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    @EGGjlmh‌ thanks :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • DMW
    @NPHuskerFL Yep, we have frozen blueberries in our freezer right now. SWMBO buys a 20lb case when they come in season.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    @DMW‌ these were courtesy of our good friends' farm in Denton, GA. Brought us like 40# of their early berries B-). Theirs are all hand picked berries. Hopefully this growing season is excellent for them and the winter kind to the new buds.
    The berries out now from farms are your late berry variety. Which are also very good but usually a lil bit smaller berry.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • DMW
    @NPHuskerFL
    Nice! SWMBO gets them from local roadside stands. Here's what we have left in the freezer from the ones she got earlier.

While we can still get them fresh we do. Blueberries are one of my favorites. That and grapes. I eat grapes now like I used to eat candy. The other day I went through almost 4 pounds of grapes by myself. Good thing they are mostly fiber and water...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Looks like you're gonna have to loosen up another notch on the belt my friend!!
    Cobbler looks fantastic.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    DMW said:

Dang! I was just telling SWMBO I really want to make blueberry cobbler with the blueberries in the fridge. She says, but the kids won't eat it, and it's too much for just us. I can't figure my silly kids out, won't eat fruit desserts like this. They do like raw carrots and celery. Man they're weird. But at least they aren't obese.

More for you and mom! I ate leftover cobbler for breakfast today. Even added the ice cream!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • NPHuskerFL
    @mcmac‌ thanks man :-D. But, funny you should say that...I think I've been at roughly the sane weight for 30+ yrs. Ya I'm one of those people. High metabolism or maybe worms (maybe I got em from eating all that raw cookie dough). Lol. :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Looks good! Tough to beat a good cobbler for dessert.
    GWN
  • NPHuskerFL
    @Nanook‌ Thanks! I haven't had any yet. Our Son had some before work and said it's good. We'll have it for dessert tonight. :)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Looks like a winner to me. Nice my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    Well no fresh blueberry cobbler for me for now. Came upstairs to this.

Oh well...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• NPHuskerFL
    @SGH‌ Thanks man! So, you going to reveal your 7-27-14 news? :-??
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014