Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping...Naked whiz for crown roast recipe

dblR
dblR Posts: 75
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
TNW, [p]Can't find a crown roast recipe. Would you please give me a link or cooking directions? Bored while at home recovering from surgery. I guess this should give me something to do LOL! I have XL and L and the Guru. Which would you suggest I use? Direct or indirect? I want to personally thank you for the Mad Max turkey site for making it printer friendly.[p]I have met Max, Chris, Ray, Mr. Toad, Woodoggies and many more of our Egghead Univ. professors. I must say your reputation preceeds you and seems like I know Just by lurking. I hope to meet you someday also. Do you travel with your professors' chair? LOL!![p]Thanks a million,[p]Ralph

Comments

• dblR,
    I think you need to ask Yard Boy. I've only done one in my lifetime and that was B.E. (Before Egg)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Pretty sure it's Yard Bird. :)[p]He has helped me in the past with a crown.[p]Mick

• dblR
    dblR Posts: 75
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Thank you for your help. He E-mailed me with info.[p]Merry Christmas
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    dblR,
    I am off until Jan,3 and just saw your post.Here is what I posted in the past.This will feed about 12 or 13 people.[p]A Crown roast is made out of a bone in pork loin.My meat cutter at Winn-Dixie takes a 8 or 9 pound loin,cuts one inch slits in between each bone and then rolls it in a circle and ties it with butchers twine.I stuff it with one pound of sausage with sage,paint it with yellow mustard and sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper.[p]Cooking[p]I place the roast on a rack over a drip pan and cook at 350 degrees until internal temp reaches 150 degrees. I take it off,let it rest for 15 minutes and then cut it up and serve.
    Larry

[ul][li]Crown Roast[/ul]
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Here is a picture of a crown roast at Eggtoberfest before I cooked it.Hope this helps.
    Larry

[ul][li]Crown Roast[/ul]