Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New BGE and new to the EggHead Forum

Options
ksmyrl
ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
I want to profusely thank all of you regular posters on this forum! I've been lurking for months now, reading, searching, deciding etc. After a lot of research and construction mess, our new porch and my new outdoor kitchen is complete. I went with a very simple design; I decided against a gas grill due to your advice and went with a natural gas side burner instead. Maximized counter space thanks to your suggestions. Hot and cold water, and mainly stone that hopefully will not catch on fire. I placed the egg at the edge of the deck as far away from the house as possible, thanks to you all. I've included a couple of pics, not to brag but to again say thanks. I would have made several mistakes without all your help. The egg was set one week ago tomorrow. I've used it three times and am loving it. I look forward to hanging out with you all here for years to come.

Oh I almost forgot. The contractor and I racked our brains over how to secure the egg in front. I have small children and it's not uncommon to have a dozen or so 9 year olds running around the yard any day of the week. My fear was one of them grabbing the egg handle and pulling it over on top of them. We decided quite simply on a curved deck rail. Steel, powder coated, and it fit perfectly.

Sorry for the long post, thanks again everyone. And as always, I'm open to more suggestions.

Later,
Kevin
Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA

Comments