Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Chops

Options
I finally got a chance to use the egg tonight. I was going to do strips but chops won. Strips were 2@25 dollars and chops were 2@8. I can't believe how juicy Iowa chops are on the egg.
Fired up the egg as soon as I could to get the Royal Smoke to clear. Lawrys for the wife and a little of this and that on mine. I was replacing some screen windows and overshot the temp a little, but that'll happen from time to time. imageimageimage
NW IOWA

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks excellent! I will take 4 if you deliver!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options

Many times something simple as a good ole chop tastes like a million bucks.  Especially on the EGG 

Nice job, they look perfect

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    I used some pecan chips on them as well. I should of flipped them sooner. I damn near went caveman on them but I had a storm window to worry about. Maybe next time. @SGH‌ I might pay a little more than you guys do for brisket, but at least I can get Iowa chops!
    NW IOWA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Philly35‌
    They sure look fine to me. Love grilled chops!! :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.