Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Warranty

Options
For Christmas, 2005, I got a LBGE as a present.  Picked it up in January.  Never took it apart until last month when I made a new table (more on that later). Several months ago I noticed a crack in the fire box. Since the egg was ready for the new table I took it apart after 8 1/2 years of use.  The crack looked like it might take out a big chunk of the fire box, so I went to my local LBGE dealer.  They didn't require a photo & faxed the 'broken egg'  form off. The next day she called & said that the mother ship required a photo so I emailed the dealer one.  Now 2 weeks later the new fire box is at the dealers.
I am in no hurry to pick it up since the old one works fine.

PS  I cleaned the egg every few cooks & was able to get almost all of the ash with the ash tool, EXCEPT for the rear center of the egg. There was about a 1 inch wide buildup from the bottom to the top of the fire box, including the back vent hole. I think it heats up a little faster now with the back vent hole open,so I will change out the fire box with the redesigned one in about 6 months & see what that area looks like then.

Comments

• SmokingOzarksBBQ
    Options
    Glad to hear you got the replacement. They sent me a new dome when mine had a hairline crack in it. I am actually working with a local dealer now to see if they will honor the hinge and band assembly. Mine has really never worked in that no matter how well i aligned it, it always became misaligned after opening the lid. Hasn't been a real problem until now 3 years later. I love how they take care of their customers but lets hope it holds true for this case as well. 
  • revolver1
    revolver1 Posts: 372
    Options
    Mine broke similar to yours and still using it - a year later.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @alabamatom‌ agree it's a true lifetime warranty that is for real. But, scrambled eggs would be the only thing that could be a deal breaker. Side note: I've seen PS that were clearly dropped and the dealer warranty covered. I'm sure it would be a bit different on a dome or base though.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL