Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best thing to cook for 30 people on Large BGE

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Im having a sunday school party and every one wants me to cook the meat on my Large BGE ther will be about 30 people would be the best thing to cook i have only been cooking for about 4 months don't no to many rescipes
HELP
Rogers Turf

Comments

• Do pulled pork ahead of time. 2-3 large butts could do it.[p]At the time of the party you could do some appetizers, chicken or sometime quick.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Rogers Turf,
    ditto, what duck said

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    stike, If you know, then tell me what quick is and is it as good as chicken. I like Jim Beam, specially the half-o-gallon flavor.

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    Rogers Turf, how about some Johnsonville brats, grilled with some smokey flavor and then served on a bun with sourkraut, mustard & catsup. Some potatoe sald and a cold PBR. i know everone will be happy & enjoy the good taste. for starters: smoke ahead a bunch of wings and just before company comes dredge them is wing sauce & keep them warm on a platter in the oven or hot plate.

• HolySmokes
    Options
    Chef Arnoldi,
    darn that sounds good.
    somehow you just called it right, and the
    PBR is the finishing touch.
    cheers, HS

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Rogers Turf,
    I'm with duck and stike below. Not only is a pulled pork shoulder the best bang for the buck, but it is a real easy cook and people will be talkin about it long after the party. [p]The cool thing is you can get other folks to bring the slaw and the buns. Alls you gotta do is rub and cook up some meat!
    Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Rogers Turf,
    How about some wings, along with some Italian sausage and
    some coarse brats that are Jamaican jerk marinated. Should be
    something there for most everybody. Some fresh squeezed
    lemonaid and limeaid would go well with these too.

• Citizen Q
    Options
    Rogers Turf,
    Pulled pork is always a crowd pleaser. If you're feeling confident and think you can swing it, try double tiered cooking and add a 12 lb brisket to the mix.[p]Cheers,
    C~Q

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Last PP I did I made some slaw for myself (an avid mayo hater) using my vinegar based Q-sauce, just that and the shredded cabbage. It was very good, I put that on my sandwiches and got my sauce and the crunch from the slaw without the yuck of the mayo.[p]:>)[p]Dennis

• wdan
    wdan Posts: 261
    Options
    Rogers Turf,
    Brats get my very next vote right after pulled pork. They love smoke and if you live in an area where these are popular, chances are the usual way people cook them is to boil them half to death in beer and then fry whatever life is left out of them on the grill for an hour. [p]I personally prefer to reverse the method as well as administer the cout de tas in less severe steps:[p]1. Smoke on raised grid direct 275-300 dome; rotate about 15 minutes apart until all four "sides" are browned. I've done them indirect too, but you need to make sure the skins get crispy...they need some direct exposure to the coals, otherwise the skin tends to get tough and chewy; but be careful that the skins don't get so hot that they split open and all the "juice" runs out. Also, the smoke is key...any wood is good, but the big secret here is grape vine chunks. If you can get some, smoke 'em if you got 'em.[p]2. When the brats are browned (about an hour, when they are about to get done, they go real fast...just be there when they do), then give them the beer bath in a pot that also contains onion slices sauted in enough butter to support your local dairy coop for the next year. Low heat...this only to keep them at serving temp (for hours if need be).[p]Try it...works for me!

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Sigmore,
    your wife knows what 'quick' is, and it ain't as good as chicken.
    hahahaha[p]signed,
    yer pal chicken[p]i got nuthin against jim beam.
    i'll buy you one if we ever meet (and you don't kick my a**)

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    i gotta go along with the smart nature guy on this one as well. . . .i did PP for our last office party, got others to bring the buns (i provided a couple of sauces that they'd never heard of), and everyone raved. .. 19 folks polished off two large butts. . . lots of other leftovers, but not a drop of pulled pork .. ..its easier, and the "WOW factor" is great. .. .

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    oh yea, it doesn't hurt to rub it with some of that there dizzy pig stuff first. .. heeeeeee

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    Rogers Turf,[p]I've done three hams in one cook, using Dr Chickens recipe for the glaze. This is an easy cook that is very tasty. Didn't take a pic of the setup but three hams feed will more than 30.[p]Scott
  • Bootheel Egger
    Options
    Chef Arnoldi,[p]PBR and a SUNDAY School gathering!! I need to know what church that is because it sounds pretty lively!!! LOL[p]BE