Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Atlanta - Charcoal

Options
Acorn
Acorn Posts: 163

I finally acquired some Rockwood lump yesterday; In-Town Ace hardware on North Highland has it! They also carry WW Wicked Good along with a few other brands. I have not been in the store in a while but I am impressed with the grilling & smoking section. Great people also…….

Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -

Comments

• Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    Ditto for Bates Ace Hardware on the Westside of town.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Acorn
    Options
    I passed Bates to get to the highlands, Bates is where my AWESOME wife bought my egg but the last time I was there all they had was BGE lump. Thanks for the info, im only about 3 miles from Howell Mill. If you are ever in the Marietta Area look up Casual Image, they have a big grilling section.
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    Acorn you and I must not be to far away from each other. I am just off Atlanta/Marietta road

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    Acorn,

How much did the 20lb bag cost at the Ace Hardware North Highland?
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    They run about 22 bucks or so.
    Milton, GA.
  • Acorn
    Options
    Rock wood 20lb. Was 25.99. I believe if you buy more than one bag they will shave a couple of dollars off. Smokinpig, I'm off Marietta blvd at Carroll. We have the home my grandparents built in 1952!!
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    I am in Adams Crossing so we are real close.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Acorn
    Options
    Yes we are, do you ever go to the restaurant depot to pick up supplies?
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    I have not been there yet. Not sure I could get a membership. I do have an LLC but it has nothing to do with food.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Acorn
    Options
    It really does not matter, I have an account thru my moms company. For us (2) I really just use it for spices and such. The meat is packaged for bulk sale so unless you were throwing a party it would probably go to waist.
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    Good to know. I will have to head over there and check it out. We will have to plan to egg together at some point since we are so close.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    I'm on the southside of town, and the Turkey Creek Ace in Newnan has started getting Rockwood.

$19.99 a bag, although I think they've seen it's popularity, and have it marked $24.99 the last night. I said something and they said it was marked that way from the warehouse, which I don't believe. I paid $19.99, otherwise as much as I'd buy, I'd go Firecraft and get a bag free.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    $19.99 is what I paid three or four weeks ago at the Ace Hardware in McDonough, GA.

"You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Smokinpig
    Options
    Bates has recently moved from 19 to 24 a bag.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    nolan8v said:

$19.99 is what I paid three or four weeks ago at the Ace Hardware in McDonough, GA.

Me, too.

Gotta check out the place down in Jackson that @BigGreenCraig‌ bought from recently.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    If $24 is going to be the going rate, they can keep it. I'll buy online. I don't shop my local ace for anything but lump. They carry not BGE stuff, and only cowboy and kingsford before I asked about them getting Rockwood.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Acorn
    Options
    Great info, I have read so much about it I wanted to try. It seems to light slower than RO, I tried this weekend on a short cook, all went well.
    Smokinpig we will get together soon.

Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    The Ace on Howell Mill has raised the price of Rocwood to $25 a bag., I'm thinking of ordering from Firecraft

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Acorn
    Options
    I really think if you need more than one bag In-town Ace will wiggle some on there price, I just do not have the room to store more than a couple of bags. I do not have money to throw away but i do not sweat 4 or 5 bucks on the lump of my choice, look at what we spend on a piece of meat!!!!
    I held a KOBE brisket at the butcher Saturday $282.00, i promptly put it back in the cooler!!!!
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • sstripes96
    sstripes96 Posts: 152
    Options
    Paid $22 a bag at the Ace in Lawrenceville last week.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Rockwood is $22 a bag at the ACE on Johnson Ferry (near Shallowford). Goes on sale occasionally for $19.99.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA