Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless beef rib finger meat?

Ran across cryovaced packages of boneless beef rib finger meat in the grocery store today.

I've never seen this before.

Anyone have any experience with it?  

I'm thinking to get some and cook it like I would beef ribs....

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Comments

• cheech5001
    cheech5001 Posts: 102
    Really???  Posted for over 12 hours and no responses?  I'm shocked- I expected to have the full history of this cut of beef and at least 10 cooking suggestions by now!!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795

I was waiting to see what some of our local experts might suggest.  I've cooked it once with moderate success, but I am no expert.  I did it next to some actual beef ribs (with bone) and cooked it just the same.  It was good, but I can't give you any more info or advice in terms of the keys to a successful cook - so consider this post mostly just another bump of the thread that may stimulate some good discussion.

Sorry I can't help more.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340

I just bought some yesterday and was going to post the same question. I'm just going to cook til tender. I'm going to use the Texas style from this link. 

http://tipsforbbq.com/Recipes/Beef/Boneless-Beef-Short-Ribs

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Never heard of them, so no advice. Got a photo you can share?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    edited June 2014
    Never heard of beef finger meat.
    cheech5001 Posts: 102
    That's not quite what I'm talking about- though I did not buy it (yet) here is a photo of it that I found.
  • HDumptyEsq
    Looks like they might work like a rib cook. Even without a bone (sorry) there looks like plenty of fat to keep them moist. Rub with your favorite or simple s&p.
    I love to braise short ribs in red wine. These look as though they would lend themselves to that approach too. You'd probably have to cool it to remove the fat and then reheat for serving - it'd taste better too.
    Are they cheap enough to experiment?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

• mshump
    mshump Posts: 212
    Looks like what they call here in Central Illinois. Country style beef ribs
    Danville, Il
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Where is SGH when we need him....
    8-|
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • HDumptyEsq
    Where is SGH when we need him....
    8-|
    Probably sleeping after one of his marathon cooks.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.