Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

yeeoouuucchhhh

eggor
eggor Posts: 777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_1396_1.jpg
<p />I put this little guy together so i could get the small up to temp faster. I had to tape it down because it kept trying to fly away.LOL[p]the motor cost 2.50, the prop 75 cents, battery box 1.25, two batteries free( found them in the drawer), and 1 band-aid for the dogs nose 10 cents.[p]Scott

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    eggor,
    hahaha that's muey bueno.[p]that's more my speed... the poorman's guru!
    how'd it do for your time to nuke-temp?

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • eggor
    stike,[p]I was using some Wicked Good, which I've never had good luck getting hot fast, or even very hot at all (I can't figure that one out, because others post no problem). But anyhow, the small was at about 200 when I turned on the fan, I'm guessing since I didn't time it, but it seemed like it got to 500 in just a few minutes. It was once burned lump (burning clean) and I threw some ribeyes on. I didn't go for nuclear but I bet it would get there about 3 times faster.[p]Now, it ain't no Guru, but for high temp searing this is the way to go. Later this afternoon I'll introduce 'Lucy' to the forum. She's the gal that will take care of my low- slow temp control.[p]Scott

• Scott MacGyver, I like it. A couple of zip ties and it would be downright professional grade, maybe some velcro to keep it stationary?
  • eggor
    macgyver would probably be proud of me, except for the tape :blush: