Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

eggin' at the frat?

Options
TN_Egger
TN_Egger Posts: 1,120

View 2014-06-21 14.04.59.jpg in slide show

Seen this afternoon outside the Teke House at GWU in DC.  Between egging and beer drinking, you think these guys do any studying?

Signal Mountain, TN

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    No pic...you back?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I work about four blocks from that frat an walk by them all the time. I've never seen that egg lit and for the last 6 months its been sitting in the front lawn damaged with the metal bands all bent out of shape so the dome won't close. Obviously someone has a rich daddy and its just another grill that is left out to rot at that house. Pretty sad really.

If my parents were paying $50,000 a year to send me to school I probably wouldn't care either.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Those kids are too busy gettin' drunk, chasing skirt and playing xbox give a damn about making their own good 'Q.  How many 18-22 year old have you seen here?
    Options
    Can it be rescued? The egg, not the frat.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Well, at least their front "yard" decor is improving. Google shows a gasser. Nice place, eh? LOL

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    Options
    caliking said:

Can it be rescued? The egg, not the frat.

It looks as though someone tried to steal it to me. The metal bands are badly mangled on it. They had it chained to the house with a racy duty chain hooked to te bands. Either someone tried to steal it or someone got drunk and knocked it over with the chain locked up.

Should be an easy fix to get new metal bands. I have thought about asking if they would sell it, but who knows who it really belongs to in that house. Some kid could say yes and take give my money and I would be stealing it when I picked it up since it didn't really belong to him.