Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Dizzy Pig products

I see that a lot of folks on the forum both use and recommend Dizzy products. My wife picked these up today. Just curious if this is the same product that everyone is referring to. Thanks for any input.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited June 2014
    Yes sir you got the right ones. Tsunami works on about anything and cow lick is killer on steaks and I like it on poultry as well but I might be the weird one I did tsunami on turkey burgers tonight, really good. It works really good on shrimp and fish. My guess is as much cayenne that I see you use you may be let down a bit but I hope not.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • jshillin
    jshillin Posts: 42
    Cow Lick is good on burgers.  I haven't bought the Tsunami yet.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @Mattman3969‌ @jshillin‌
    Thank you fellows.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Enjoy, you got some great spices there!  Cow lick on beef for sure, Tsunami is solid as well.  Swamp Venom would be my next recommendation!  
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Here are the options and uses, I have tried most of em, with the exception of red eye and cajun!  Never been disappointed yet.

http://dizzypigbbq.com/products/seasonings/
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• jmarbs21
    jmarbs21 Posts: 139
    I really like cow lick seasoning on all beef!
    Durham, NC
  • SGH
    @Monty77‌ @ Thanks for the link my friend.
    @jmarbs21‌ Thanks for your input my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    If you like Indian flavors, try Dizzy Pig Bombay Curry-ish.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    You will love them on all you cook my friend.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    I like Raising the Steaks both on good steak and on chicken.  Swamp Venom is killer on everything - especially veggies.  And don't forget Pineapple Head - I just picked up a pineapple for grilled pineapple manana.
    Santa Paula, CA
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    edited June 2014
    Both of those are great seasonings. Tsunami is great on chicken and pork. One of our recent favorites is Shakin' the Tree. Been using that on veggies with a little EVOO. Tried it on some chicken thighs too and it was great. Check that one out sometime. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    The Dizzy Pig spices are excellent - very fresh, great flavor profile with some very different spices, stuff you don't see in the crowd of salt pepper paprika garlic onion chili sugar rubs. 

Salt isn't the main ingredient, and that's also a sign of a good rub.  I bought 10 different DP rubs and used almost all of them up.  Will I buy more?  Yeah, I have a few favorites.  My only complaint is the sugar could be dialed back a bit in some of them, but I'm a savory kind of guy and that's my personal preference.
    I've used quite a few and have liked them all. The Pineapple Head is good on grilled pineapple. I also sometimes use it on grilled sweet potato slices.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Thank you all for your input. Just a note for anyone down in my area. The Dizzy products are sold at Phillips building supply on HWY 49 in Gulfport just south of I10. They are also a egg dealer and carry a huge inventory of cast iron pots and pans by multiple manufacturers. Just thought I would share.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWesco
    JRWesco Posts: 57
    Bought both my eggs from Phillips as well as some dizzy pig... Pretty good place
  • SGH
    @JRWesco‌
    I been over here several years and just figured out that Phillips carried egg stuff.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    I'm going to give all of them a try.

Status- Standing by.

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    You will surely enjoy them all my friend.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• SGH
    @berndcrisp‌
    I have been wanting to try them for a while. They get great reviews here on the forum.

Status- Standing by.

• tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    I just did some fresh wild caught Copper River salmon.  My usual is DP Raging River, and it is excellent.  Tonight I did a piece with Jamaican Fire Walk.  Wow!!!  It was sooo good.  Many layered flavors - all good.  It was the first time I've tried JFW, but it certainly won't be the last.  I'll probably do a Spatchcock chicken with it in the next couple days.  Highly recommended.
    Santa Paula, CA
  • SGH
    @tksmoke‌
    I'm actually thinking about doing a spatchcock turkey tomorrow with it. If I do I certainly will let you know how it turns out. Thank you for your advice as it is most welcomed my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• EAT
    EAT Posts: 39
    I like Raising the Steaks, I use it on steaks and chicken a lot !
  • SGH
    @EAT‌
    Going to give that one a try as well.

Status- Standing by.

• gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    Raging River is exceptional on chicken
    George
  • mshump
    mshump Posts: 212
    I am new to the Egg and have tried 4 DP (Dizzy dust,raising the steak, Cow lick, and Mediterranean-ish) rubs now and have no complaints. All 4 were very good. I really like how each has its own unique flavoring.
    Danville, Il
  • Hankyorke
    Hankyorke Posts: 146
    Raging River + Tsunami Spin is a great combo on fish and poultry

LBGE

BTFU!

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Cow Lick might be my favorite. I use it on all sorts of meats, as well as in my chili for some extra kick. SWMBO won't eat a burger without it now! 

Also try Swamp Venom - a great dry rub on chicken wings with buffalo sauce. Has a nice little kick to it.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• SGH
    @gte1 @mshump @Hankyorke‌ @fence0407‌
    Thank you all for your input. I really like the two that I have tried. I'm going to pick one of each that they make and try them all. I haven't heard anything but good about all of them. Again thanks.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWesco
    JRWesco Posts: 57
    @SGH‌ The pineapple head is awesome on grilled pineapple!!
  • SGH
    @JRWesco‌
    I will certainly give it a try. Thanks for the heads up my friend.

Status- Standing by.