Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table Check and Cross-Border Warranty Issue

Options
As a result of the recent fire/wood table related threads, I decided to pull my LBGE out of my table for a thorough inspection. I had mentioned in another thread that my paver stone was supported by a couple of cross beams but, when I looked, I realized/remembered that it was sitting on cleats running the entire perimeter of the stone. Wanting to provide even more airflow I went to HD and purchased 3 of the terra cotta feet to lift the egg up off of the paver, This had the added benefit of giving me a slightly larger gap around the egg and the table top. I did not notice any darkening of the table top wood around the egg but did see what may be the beginning of a crack in the paver. I'll need to keep a close eye on this for sure.

Unfortunately, I also noticed that my firebox has a large crack. I purchased my egg from a dealer down in Buffalo and was on the phone with them after discovering the crack. They asked me to email some pics of the crack down to them, along with a picture of my invoice. I did and they called back in about 1/2 an hour to let me know that they would be ordering a replacement for me and would let me know this week when it would be in. Fortunately, we'll be down in Buffalo in early August so I can pick it up then. In the meantime, hoping my fire box lasts that long.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    I will be passing by buffalo July 4 th weekend .I am sure I can grab it for you.
    Toronto
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options

I will be passing by buffalo July 4 th weekend .I am sure I can grab it for you.

Thanks, I'll let you know
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Ok , also I have an extra fire box you can borrow
    It has a crack in it but if yours becomes unusable ...
    Toronto
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Thanks again; I'll let you know