Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled chicken?

Our daughters graduation party is next weekend and we are doing pulled pork.  I have to do something chicken because I know some of the guests coming do not eat pork.  I was thinking some sort of pulled chicken but need something that will reheat and hold well in a crockpot.  Suggestions?  I thought about finding some recipe to do in the crockpot start to finish but since I have the yummy pork, I don't want to have chicken that looks (or tastes) Iike I took the easy way out.

Thanks in advance!

Jen

Lakeville, MN

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited June 2014
    Spatched a couple of chickens. Shredded chicken (rubbed with Julio's), more Julio's rub ( non-Texans think cumin), lime/lemon juice, Dukes mayo, S&P. Avocado And lots of cilantro. I like to eat off chips, very light lunch. Now I like to chop up candied jalapeños for mine. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• JenGang
    JenGang Posts: 91

That looks tasty!  And I wouldn't have to worry about keeping it hot.

Jen

Lakeville, MN

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited June 2014
    JenGang said:

That looks tasty!  And I wouldn't have to worry about keeping it hot.

You got that right. It's better if made the day before. Also now I add toasted pecans and a little fine diced red onion or green onion.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• mark11
    mark11 Posts: 55
    I've done a lot of pulled chicken. Just like pork but I use Buffalo wing sauce on it.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    +1 on the spatchcocked chicken salad. @Mickey 's candied jalapeno idea is a good one. I sometimes slice some grapes into mine or chopped celery or apples for a little "chrunch".
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.