Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic Grillworks

Options
Ordered a two tier swing rack on 5/16, still haven't received it.  Despite numerous attempts, haven't been able to get a response from their e-mail/web-site either.  Payment went through via paypal.  Anybody have similar issues?  Are they out of commission?

Thanks for any insight.

Comments

• KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    When I bought mine, I can't remember how long it took to get it, but it was timely, probably within a week.  Website is still up and active which is a good sign.  I know the owner is a member here and will hopefully see this and get it resolved.   

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options

I ordered one yesterday. Paid for second day shipping(Father's Day). Got tracking info saying due Wednesday.

Jim

LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    All evidence shows Ceramic Grillworks to be a solid company.  Maybe there are extenuating circumstances.
    edited June 2014
    Options

oops - gotta read more carefully - I thought we were talking about Ceramic Grill Store.  They are a first rate operation!!

Santa Paula, CA
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    edited June 2014
    Options
    It took a while for my swing rack to come. Thou I absolutely love my Swing Grate, I really didn't have a great experience dealing with them directly, but would still recommend it to anyone in the market for one.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Call them. Franco seems to be a good guy.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Givengold3
    Givengold3 Posts: 77
    Options
    I've had my swing rack for almost a year.  Came in a timely manner and I use it nearly all of the time.
    Concord, CA
  • Keefer
    Keefer Posts: 120
    Options
    I ordered a couple of times with no issues and reasonable shipping times. Give them a call.
  • Charcoal_Addict
    Options
    I bought the 2-Tier Grate but had to return it because it didn't fit the Big Joe. Ceramic Grill works was good about it and I was able to trade it for a CyberQ Wifi. Their primarily a Grill Dome dealer in Pittsburgh. I don't think you have anything to worry about. I would recommend calling and leaving a message. I know the owner is easy to reach that way.
    2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @CGW1‌ is Franco around here.
  • smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    Options
    tksmoke said:

oops - gotta read more carefully - I thought we were talking about Ceramic Grill Store.  They are a first rate operation!!

CGW is also first rate operation.

I would call. That's always the best with any issue for any company. I never trust emails.

I'm sure you will love the product.

• r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Options
    That's some service right there!
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     Recieved mine today in two days as requested . Will season it up and try it out on Father's Day(gift for my Dad)
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • eggteeth
    eggteeth Posts: 52
    Options
    Thanks.  Got the shipping confirmation this morning.  Looking forward to receiving it.
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    @CGW1 - while we have your attention... I bought my XL swing rack about 2 months ago. I'm pretty sure I got the "new" enhanced/reinforced system. Is there any way to tell? I ask, because I still experience significant warping on high heat indirect cooks. Though I should also point out that the grate goes right back to being flat once cooled. Overall, I'm not fussed and very happy with the purchase. Just curious more than anything to get confirmation that I got the new swing rack. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • DaveM
    DaveM Posts: 100
    Options
    On April 6, Franko promised a replacement to my heavily warped grill. He said within 2-3 weeks. It has now been over 2 months without a response. Let me know if you get it. Good luck.
    --Dave from Leesburg, VA BGE XL, Viking 42", Firepit with $16 grill