Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peoria Eggfest

Options
I made the trip from Milwaukee to Peoria for their I believe 12th annual Egg Fest. This was my first Egg Fest... AND DANG THAT WAS FUN! I upgraded from my Medium, that was sold to "Bad-influence", to a Large. I was honored to have the famous RRP (Ron Pratt) cook on my Large! Met many awesome people that I can now call my friends. And had some unbelievable food. Pizzas, cakes, pork, veggies, salmon, etc. BUT NOW IM CONCERNED! I can't blame crap food on my egg anymore... RRP proved my egg works, it's all on me. ;-D If you haven't attended an egg Fest yet, I can vouch for the Peoria one! Awesome people! For the ones that were cooking at the Peoria EggFest... Shoot me your "handles" so I can ask you more dumb questions! Time to get the Spatchcock ready...chow for now!

Comments

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Richie thought we talked about this already...the egg CAN cook more then spatchcock chicken and burgers....lol It was great to meet you and your wife sat. i just wish i could have gotten there earlier. They are having another eggfest in 2 weeks in sterling ill about 30 miles from here at jim prescotts bbq shop and i went there sunday to check it out as its only 30 miles away and WOW is all i can say. Who knew they had a bge neon clock...well they don't no more I DO! also picked up some bear claws and other odds and ends. hope to talk to you soon.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Rich - it was nice meeting you and Wendy and thank you for the craft beers! There were a couple other threads started about Peoria that you might want to look back and see. Here's proof that you two were present! Stay in touch, man!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RICHIED777
    RICHIED777 Posts: 91
    Options
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Rich - follow up to our email...first picture is "Smoke Diver" in the background maroon shirt enjoying a wing, "DB Cooper Lives" putting a pizza in in 2nd picture and the 3rd picture I don't recall his name, but he too made a pizza or two as I was trying to tell you. Hope that helps!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RICHIED777
    RICHIED777 Posts: 91
    Options
    Brando30 is the other pizza guy. Awesome pork from him!