Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Burgers!

Options

Had the extended family over Memorial Day for a little cookout.  Formed (8) base patties with a pocket and (8) tops.  Sauteed some mushrooms in butter, olive oil with a little salt pepper and Famous Dave rub.   Fried up some bacon and placed the mushrooms, bacon and chedder cheese in the base patties.  Sprinkled some more Famous Dave rub and sealed with the top patty.  Put some fresh ground pepper and salt to the outside along with alittle more rub and vacuumed sealed.  Put the burgers in the sous vide demi 150 degrees for 45 minutes.  Buttered some corn, added salt, pepper, a little rub and wrapped in tin foil.  Fired up the egg, stabilzed the temp around 400 indirect and put the corn on.  45 minutes later pulled the plate setter and moved the temperature up to around 550.  Moved the corn to one side and put the burgers on for 1.5 minutes each side.

Long story short, Everything turned out as I had hoped and everyone said these were the Best burgers they had ever tasted!

Next up spatchcock chicken - I'm really having fun with the EGG!

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I would gladly chow down on one of those burgers right now. Next time, get a shot of the burger either cut in half or with a big ole bite taken out so we can see the cheese oozing out.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SJ21XDC
    SJ21XDC Posts: 235
    Options
    Griffin said:
    I would gladly chow down on one of those burgers right now. Next time, get a shot of the burger either cut in half or with a big ole bite taken out so we can see the cheese oozing out.

I thought about doing that but, they didn't really stick around long enough LOL!

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• Griffin
    Options
    They never do. What year jeep is that? I miss my ole jeep. Someday, I will own another one, oh yes, I will!!

Rowlett, Texas

• SJ21XDC
    Options
    Griffin said:
    They never do. What year jeep is that? I miss my ole jeep. Someday, I will own another one, oh yes, I will!!

2010 Rubicon.  The four door is great for the family and much more refined than the CJ-7 I owned back in the day!

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Those look over the top delicious!  I second the motion to require cross section photos on all future stuffed burgers ;).

I also happen to have a 2010 JKU.  It has been a great vehicle.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SJ21XDC
    Options
    Those look over the top delicious!  I second the motion to require cross section photos on all future stuffed burgers ;).

I also happen to have a 2010 JKU.  It has been a great vehicle.  

Thanks! 

I agree, we've enjoyed it both in the winter and summer.

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• Griffin
    Options
    I didn't even see the extra doors in the picture. I had an '04 Rubi running on 35's with 3.5" suspension lift and 1.25" BL and tons of armor. Just wasn't getting used for what I built it for and the 60 miles a day I was putting on it was hitting my wallet pretty hard getting gallons to the mile. How well do those new Dodge minivan engines work in those new Jeeps?

Rowlett, Texas

• SJ21XDC
    Options
    I understand - I'm currently running 35's with a 3 1/4" Rusty's lift.  So far the 3.8 with the 6-speed is doing well.  I don't have to drive it every day, (have around 32,000 miles) and it is so much better than the 4.0 liter on the hwy.  I'm still running the stock 4:10 gears but my youngest son wants 37's when the 35's are done, so I will change to 4:88's at that time.

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I'm running stock wheels/tires on stock suspension, but on the bright side I get the stock 15 mpg city an 19 mgh hwy :D.  Mine is also a 6 speed so I find the 3.8 to be fine.  If I were in the market for a new JK I would probably get a 2012 or above and get the 3.6 Pentastar.  Supposedly it delivers more power and better gas mileage.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SJ21XDC
    Options
    I'm running stock wheels/tires on stock suspension, but on the bright side I get the stock 15 mpg city an 19 mgh hwy :D.  Mine is also a 6 speed so I find the 3.8 to be fine.  If I were in the market for a new JK I would probably get a 2012 or above and get the 3.6 Pentastar.  Supposedly it delivers more power and better gas mileage.

If I was in the market for a change, I would look seriously look @ a 6.1 hemi conversion ;)

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Your burgers look great. I have to got to give that a try!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Curious as to how many pounds of ground beef it took you to make the full 8 patties?

These look great and I need to step up my burger game and give them a shot!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• SJ21XDC
    Options
    Your burgers look great. I have to got to give that a try!

Thanks - they were a nice change from a standard burger and it was pretty cool seeing everyone's reaction!

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I bet! My son would flip out if I served that to him. He loves bacon, mushrooms, and cheese! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • duchunter
    duchunter Posts: 110
    Options

Looks GOOOOOOD!!!

Egg Family: Large and Medium Eggs and a Bradley Smoker

• SJ21XDC
    Options
    duchunter said:

Looks GOOOOOOD!!!

Thanks!