Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

what's cookin for the weekend??!!!

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
calling for nasty wintery mix here in northern va this weekend. .. [p]i was downtown washington yesterday for a meeting, went over to union meats and picked up a bunch of hanger steaks. .. .two for the freezer, and two for tomorrow night. ..i'll marinade them in soy sauce and shallots for the day, then grill em fast and hot. . .nice char on the outside, rare to medium rare on the inside, and serve em up with classic pomme frittes. .. ..not sure what i'll do for sunday yet. .. .[p]what's every one else got planned???[p]have a great weekend!!!!![p]max

Comments

• smokeydrew
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Spatchcock chicken tonight, Alton Brown's "City Ham", along w/ fresh baked bread tomorrow. Maybe Ham n' Bean soup Sunday.[p]smokeydrew
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    it looks like a work weekend at my brothers house. just hoping to get some time to try some loafs for bread bowls for chowder or bisque. any recipes for a good bread for small bread bowls, ill be trying a few before the holidays

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Pizza with a semolina crust tonight, not sure about the rest of the weekend. It's in the 70s here so what ever it is it'll bo cooked outdoors. -RP

• Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    It is freaking COOOOOLD here in the east this weekend, but that will not detir me and my 2 racks of nice thick baby back ribs cooked 3-2-1 style with apple and cherry wood over some wicked good lump. Slather on some cherry cola glaze for the last 30 min..... mmmmm mmmmmmmmm[p]I think to keep me warm I will also have to throw on some ABT's and be properly beveraged. :)

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Bigfoot,
    sounds great. .. please explain the cheerrry cola glaze. ..sounds interesting. ..[p]thx[p]max

• mad max beyond eggdome, Tonite is Lake Superior whitefish fried in
    a cast iron skillet on the egg with homecut fries and salad. Tomorrow
    a pork loin that is now marinating in Italian dressing, with egg baked
    taters and smoky gravy. Sunday will be simple combo burgers that are
    half ground round and half Italian sausage with bits of onion and cheese inside.

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Cr@p. It's all I can to plan for 1 day at time. Just appetisers tonight. Crab stuffed mushrooms, hot wings, Kahlua cake tonight. Chubby is always thinking outside the box. He told me today he throws in a little coconut.[p]Mike

• Grillicious
    Options
    Tonight nothing....cub scout stuff taking up the evening.
    Tomorrow, Nature Boys smokey NY Strippers, posted earlier today.
    Sunday, half of a beef tenderloin I froze a while back.

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Mad Max,

I've lived in the DC area for 35 years and never heard of Union Meats. ( 'course I never had an Egg before and wouldn't have cared.) Is it worth going out of my way for? Where is Union located?
  • Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Great my minds think alike, (or maybe not in this case). I was wondering the same thing.[p]Jethro
  • wdan
    wdan Posts: 261
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Nothing tonight...gotta go to first holiday party of the season...so I'll drink until they run out of something, and then come home.[p]Tomorrow, I'm thinking Cornish hens. It's been forever since I've done them, and I've never done them on the Egg. I'm thinking guava juice in a marinade and a finishing glaze.[p]Anybody happen to know what internal temps I'll need to get to?

• Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Well, in keeping with my fish-eating efforts, tonight is grouper. Tomorrow night, cool Christmas Party. Everybody who goes brings a bottle of wine. The catering/cooking is out of this world and you have a huge variety of all those wines to select from.[p]Sunday, steaks from the bigger end of the beef tenderloin.[p]Happy and safe weekend to everybody.[p]Joyce

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Hey Max, the hanger steaks sound great. Sunday will be baked potatoes and chicken. Shooting for crispy skin- it's ok, I just eat a little bit......really. Made Wisconsin wild rice with turkey soup and we are living off of that for now.
    Have fun tomorrow!
    Clay

• Mik of Alaska
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Nothing this week-end and not for awhile. I used most of the lump for turkeyday and finished it up last night baking focaccia bread, cheese stuffed meatloaf and baked potatoes. Hoping to get next del of lump soon. Mik

• Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    Well, tonight it was a leftover chicken breast from last night's Raging River/guava smoke spatchcocked bird, with an awesome "Mild and Peppy" pepper jelly from www.tasteofkingdom.com (Great stuff!)
    Also smoked some tomatoes last night before putting the chicken on, so thinking of using them for pizza sauce for tomorrow or Sunday, and have some steaks cut from tri-tips in the freezer for the other evening. But then again, the local grocery had some really nice looking picnic shoulders for $1.39/lb. Decisions, decisions... ; )

[ul][li]http://www.tasteofkingdom.com[/ul]