Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's everyone cooking this weekend?

I'm doing the typical brisket and pork shoulder for sure. Would love to try something out of my circle of comfort.

Comments

• hashissmokin
    hashissmokin Posts: 238
    Nothing fancy here.  Doing burgers on my egg for the first time.  Didn't want to do anything too exotic for the large crowd that I'm having.  My first cook last weekend though went quite well as I did a 5 lb brisket flat that was perfect.
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Gonna sous vide two tri tips saturday and two pork butts Sunday. May even throw on some wings.

Duncan, SC
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Pizza Friday, maybe a brisket for Sat into Sunday - depends if I can get one at a fair price.  Will probably hang at our pool on Monday and eat there.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Sunday beef chuck short ribs. Not sure on Sat and Monday yet.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Dulax43
    Dulax43 Posts: 18
    Pizzas on Friday, ABTs and pork butt on Saturday.  Sunday and Monday are undecided.

Champlin, MN

LBGE - August, 2013

• boostfed
    boostfed Posts: 63
    throwing on some spare ribs, maybe some abt's, probably a nice big pitcher of sangria
  • hashissmokin
    hashissmokin Posts: 238
    what are abts?
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • @DMW I never heard of beef chuck short ribs. I actually had some beef ribs from a local BBQ restaurant and wanted to do them myself. These had huge wide bones with a ton of meat on them. Do you think they were beef chuck ribs?
  • DMW
    @DMW I never heard of beef chuck short ribs. I actually had some beef ribs from a local BBQ restaurant and wanted to do them myself. These had huge wide bones with a ton of meat on them. Do you think they were beef chuck ribs?
    Could have been, also could have been plate short ribs. If the rack had 4 bones, chuck, if 3 then plate.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Egging a couple of chickens on Friday, cold smoking some almonds.  Sunday baking some camp bread in the dutch oven on the egg, also making the Adam Perry Lang prime rib, along with his melting garlic paste.  As an appetizer for Sunday making a butter chile glazed shrimp with a tomatillo
    salsa. 
    Edina, MN

500 Posts: 3,177
    hashissmokin, ABTs are bacon wrapped cheese and lil' smokie stuffed jalapenos.  Do a search here, lots of info.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited May 2014
    Packer Brisket and Port Butts for me along with Jalepeno ABT's and probably some wings.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Adrock
    Adrock Posts: 93
    Pizzas Friday, burgers on Saturday and making a second go at ribs on Sunday or Monday. Last rib experiment ended badly with something between jerky and a shoe sole. Needless to say I lost track of time and they sat about an hour to long.
    Victoria, MN
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    I haven't finalized the complete menu yet...But I did buy a Brisky packer which will be my first attempt at crossing the Brisket bridge...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    St Louis Style Ribs!!!!

I have been too busy to fire up the egg in the last 2 weeks - cant wait!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Vertically roasting a whole chicken Sunday and maybe a nice tri-tip on Monday.

LBGE, Weber One touch 26.75, an old gasser, firepit and more gadgets than ten people need

Livonia N.Y. (the vampire state)

• r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    edited May 2014
    Going with a hawaiian plate lunch theme. About 50 or so short (Kalbi) ribs marinated in teriyaki sauce, green onion, etc. Mac salad, white rice, and last but not least sriracha sauce. Gonna be a great weekend!!!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Venison sausage, grilled corn and probably some grilled veggies tonight.

Gonna probably brew some beer this weekend, does that count?

That's as far as I've gotten in the planning.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Wife wants to invite some friends over on Monday so that will be the day to cook on the Egg (Weather permitting as its supposed to be nice).  Saturday we are going to a party and Sunday we have kids sports.

Thinking of BBQ-ish type foods but dont know what - possible BBQ style chicken, K-bobs, or similar.  Dont want to do an over nighter or cook all day so pulled pork is out. 

However there are two cooks I want to do shortly - one is a vegetable only lasagna

The other is some sort of roast beef but but sure how.  Just get a bottom round roast a cook it?

Garnerville, NY
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Steel! Taking a Blacksmithing class in Waynesboro Virginia. Guess what the teaching build is? Grilling tools! My wife rocks for being cool about ditching her on a holiday weekend!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • Tylerd76
    Tylerd76 Posts: 43
    Kicking off tonight with spatchcock chicken, corn & asparagus. Saturday I'm doing Barbacoa with the recipe I got from a recent thread ( I believe it's @ the Cen-Tex Smoker recipe). Sunday/Monday are still up in the air
    Mechanicsburg, PA
  • @DMW thanks for sharing the article. The plate short ribs are what I was looking for. Had them at Little Miss BBQ in Phoenix and want to try and duplicate this weekend. They were incredible!! Any tips on the chuck ribs your making?
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Probably get home too late to cook tonight. Tomorrow (Sat) is the circus with the Grand Daughter (I'm just as excited as she is - scored back stage passes for the animals and performers). Planning Philly Roast Pork, burgers and dogs at some point over the weekend. Festival food truck food for one day.
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    @Tjcoley what's your plan of attack on the Philly roast pork?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    grege345 said:
    @Tjcoley what's your plan of attack on the Philly roast pork?

Tony Luke's style. Season up a pork roast, maybe some light smoke, and probably use a CI DO to finish it. It's a work in progress. Hopefully I can get some Liscio's rolls from the local Farmers Market.
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    @Adrock‌, don't forget the Brass Monkey.
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Working three 12 hour shifts but I'm off Monday. Making ribs, resting them in foil, bumping up the heat and making some pizzas.
    Dearborn MI
  • DMW
    @DMW thanks for sharing the article. The plate short ribs are what I was looking for. Had them at Little Miss BBQ in Phoenix and want to try and duplicate this weekend. They were incredible!! Any tips on the chuck ribs your making?

This will only be my second try, planning to just season them and let them roll 250* til they are done. The first time I pulled them off a bit early.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• BBQmuduck
    BBQmuduck Posts: 12
    3 racks of back ribs here. Using Myron Mixons method from his cook book.
    Smoke on!
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

Have a few friends over to swim and party.

We will be smoking a pork butt to make our Baja Wave Tequila Lime Tacos and then some Tequila Lime Cookies with a TequilaGlaze.

With Margaritas of course.

It's a Tequila weekend to start off the summer.

:D
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX