Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Platesetter Storage?

Hello All,

I recently purchased an XL Egg...Finally!  I've been longing for one of these for the past 5 years!  I have it stationed in a stainless steel cart that I bought along with it.  When I bought it, the dealer matched an online price; which saved me a little $$$ (nice).  The cart itself is fantastic - two drawers and a closed cabinet underneath and drop-down tables on either side (one with a removable cutting board).  The other good thing is that it's manuverable to the point that I can roll it around wherever I want on our covered patio.  With all the smoke this is a great deal.  The only rub I have is that the cabinet isn't big enough to hold the platesetter.  With that, I'm trying to come up with ideas to store it when it's not in use.  I place it in the Egg when I'm done cooking, but when I don't need it, I find myself leaning it up against the brick wall of the patio.  I can just see the dog, or someone knocking it over.  I've thought of hanging it. on the wall somehow, but that might be unstable, or look tacky.  Sorry I don't have pics.  I understand it's a subjective situation without a visual.  I might be able to upload something later. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any advise!!!!
XLBGE, SS table
McKinney, TX.

Comments