Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Successful Pizza Attempt

Options
Decided to try making pizza on the egg last night and overall I would say it was a success.  The bottom of the crust took a little longer than I expected to get done.  I had the egg heated and stabilized at 500 before I tossed the first pie on, but the toppings still finished faster than the bottom.  Next time I will try 600.

Comments

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Nice looking pie!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Good lookin' pie! Possibly you didn't let the stone pre-heat long enough. Takes a while to get it up to dome temp, especially with the added mass of those bricks.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    I'm a new egg owner and only have two multiple pizza cooks under my belt but every pizza turned out perfect. Plate setter legs up, pizza stone directly on the grate. 550 degrees dome temperature. Pre heat well. open the lid after 10 minutes and a perfect pizza. I'm going to try ramping up the temperature each time I cook pizzas to try to get them to cook faster since 10 minutes can be a long wait when you are entertaining but so far I'm very happy with it as a pizza oven. 
    Dearborn MI
  • AD18
    AD18 Posts: 209
    Options
    The pizza stone is just to shiny, way to white........just joking:)  I would also preheat pizza stone for at least 30 minutes for starters.  As well, if you are using store bought dough see what temps and times they suggest.  I've been learning pizza and it is a fine line between perfect and just about perfect.  Good job though!!
    Large BGE, Weber 22.5 kettle, Weber Genesis
    Cobourg, Ontario