Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce

Options
I made some skewers of flank steak today. I had a nice Flank that I sliced about 1/4" thick and marinated in Mojo with sour orange juice, some olive oil, cumin and a lot of garlic. After marinating about 5 hours, I skewered them on bamboo skewers. I heated the Egg up to about 450 because I wanted to cook these quickly. While the egg was heating, I made up some Chimichurri which was a little different than I am used to as it only had cilantro and no other herbs. It also had olive oil, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. I also made some pickled red onions to go on the side. I only got a couple of pics unfortunately.

Skewers on the Egg. Had to cook them in batches.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Plated with he Chimichurri and Red Onions.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

It was a little bit of a pain to skewer the strips but I think the flavor was better with more meat exposed to the marinade. The combination of the marinade and the Chimchurri was outstanding and I will definitely do this one again.
Clarendon Hills, IL

Comments