Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: What a night!

Options
cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited April 2014 in Off Topic
My wife has been touring hotels for a future conference location, and Éilan Hotel offered her a free nights stay to experience the hotel.  We figured we'd try it out since it was her birthday.  During her lunch meeting with the sales manager, they got talking and he upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite so the kids would have their own room.  At one point, a poor waiter accidentally spilled an entire glass of tea in my wife's purse.  lol  She was cool about, they cleaned it and put a goody bag in her purse (nice touch).

Upon our arrival, the front desk girl acknowledged our room upgrade and said management also comped our valet parking.   :D

This lil plate was pretty great!

Not bad at all, especially for the price!

The kids making themselves at home.   :)

The room was very comfortable and the TV in the bathroom mirror was pretty cool.  

The sales manager made us a reservation at their restaurant, Sustenio.  During dinner, it was apparent that I was with a VIP as several managers approached her and greeted her by name.  A few of them joked and asked her if she was having tea, so it's pretty clear that Lucas is never going to live this down.  lol  After we were seated, three managers brought us a charcuterie sample platter and diver scallops over lentils.  

Freaking unreal!!

Wood grilled Prime Rib-Eye.  The steak was pretty fabulous, but I would have liked a better sear to enhance the flavor a bit.

Baklava w/ Pralines, Cajeta Cinnamon Ice Cream

After dinner, the kids had a great time at the pool!    :\">

This was by far the cheapest i've spent on my wife's birthday!  No complaints from either of us!   :D

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments