Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Advice....Fire almost went out

Options
Doing a brisket.  Last night at about midnight, checked the Egg temp and it was a little high (about 300), so I closed it up a little.

Woke up this morning at about 8:30.  Egg temp had dropped to about 130 or so.  Fire wasn't out.  I just opened the vents and the heat came right back up.

So my question is, "Is my brisket OK?"

My thinking is Yes, based on the fact that the fire came right back after I gave it some air.  So I don't believe it had been below 140 for too long.  Although, I have no way to know for sure.  

If the fire had been out altogether, I'd be more worried.

Mostly I'm just looking for someone to agree with me and make me feel better.

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Your fine. Get it back to stable 225℉-275℉ and relax. No worries.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^ What @NPHuskerFL said-ride that cook to the finish-line and enjoy the eats!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @lousubcap‌...(not trying to hijack thread or go OT). Are you a USN Bubblehead?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL-guilty as guessed!  Did 27+ years and changed direction when I was told that my next and last gig was a desk.  My avatar is one of the subs I was on (USS Louisville; SSN- 724).
    All apologies for this redirect-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited April 2014
    Options
    @lousubcap‌ I salute you for your service Sir! USN here also served proudly as an AS Aviation Support Equipment Technician (No Air Support Without Ground Support).
    Ok now back to your regular scheduled program ;-).
    @ckillian‌ be sure to shoot some pics of your brisky (or it didn't happen) :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Are we gonna talk brisket or about ya'll preserving our freedom. ...gosh.

=))

Thanks to both of you.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @henapple‌...always bustin' balls ;-).
    Ok last one...and to my USAF friends (don't have any :-) ). We're all on the same team your just "special". :-). God Bless ALL US Armed Forces.
    Ok I'm out. ;-)image
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • lousubcap
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Can't add to the fire and brisket discussion but I do recall that hosing commies for Christ was a great battle cry...of course, back then it was us against the commies and since today is Easter...We won!!

Edit-keeping the world safe for democracy was another battle cry!  We won that one as well!