Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Brisket Bone vs Pork Spare Ribs???

Options
I had only one slab of regular spare ribs so the wife went to BJs to get a second slab. She picked up what she thought was a slab of spare ribs. The main label was from Premium Swift that said it was pork brisket bone and the BJs label listed it as pork spare rib strip. It looks like it's thicker and has more meat that regular spare ribs.
I plan to cook both today. I'm wondering if the one labeled brisket bone will do ok with the planned no flip turbo ribs method of 350 for about two hours.
Any thoughts or past experience with this cut of pork???

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @JohnH12‌
    Sorry it took so long to respond but I just noticed no one had answered. First let me say that if you can post a picture of it I can tell you exactly what it is and how to cook it. Next supermarkets come up with all kind of fancy names for sales purposes that I am hesitant to give advice with out seeing it. Again if you can post a picture I will be more than glad to help identify what you have and will give cooking suggestions if needed. Again sorry for the delayed response.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnH12
    JohnH12 Posts: 213
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Thanks SGH but no pics are available. I cooked the regular slab of spare ribs along with the ones labeled pork brisket bone.
    The regular slab turned out great. The brisket bone was tough and dry.
    We just learned a lesson about the fine art of reading all of the labels on a package.
    They won't go to waste because I plan to use the tough/dry pieces in some pinto beans today.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @JohnH12‌
    Glad to hear that the spares turned out for you. Sounds like a good plan to use the other in pinto beans.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.