Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Now You've Done It

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As you might remember last week I made my first ABT's. Even though I used what I had on hand (fat free cream cheese and hot dogs) they were pretty good tasting, and in fact seem to be addicting. Unfortuanately with an ill mother and two ill dogs and work, I don't think there are any more in my near future. We aren't even having a turkey. So what stupid thing do I do? I take the last three (minus one for me equals two) to work to give to the Mexican woman who works with me (picture a slightly more hispanic Giada) who I thought would be the only one who would touch a hot pepper (Hey this is New England). She somehow splits the two with 2-3 other people (the miracle of the loaves and ABT's) and now there are notes all over my computer begging me for more! Now not only do I have little ABT voices in my head but notes on my computer, email, etc. So everyone egging this weekend, just package a few up and send your donations to Western Mass for the ABTless. It is just unfair to addict people and not supply the goods....

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    kk,[p]Wait until you take in some spares or pulled pork.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Mik of Alaska
    Options
    kk, It's a good thing you didn't make them with little smokies or pulled pork. You think you got problems now!!!!! Happy eggin Mik

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    kk,
    try them with crab meat mixed into the cream cheese.
    i had no pulled pork and 'resorted' to crab. i daresay might even be, um, better than with PP.[p]i know iknow, heresy!

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • wdan
    wdan Posts: 261
    Options
    kk,
    If you have a Mexican version of Giada on the hook with reheated ABT's, you GOTTA invite her over for the fresh ones straight off the egg! And if you're getting all kinds of e-mails about it, tell to come too and the men to invite female companions. This can be a real chick magnet for you.
    Hell, this is better than standing in the frozen food section feigning tears over how you don't know anything about cooking and are all alone ever since (insert story of your choice) happened.

• WDAN,
    Don't need a CHIC magnet, but thanks anyhow (LOL)
    Kathleen (KK) Kerr

• wdan
    wdan Posts: 261
    Options
    kk,
    lol. Hey, it's a guy magnet too!...especially a chick who cooks on the grill...the wimps might get intimidated, but what a great weeding-out tool!

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning kk:[p]I know what you mean! After doing a turkey last week for our staff meeting, one of the ladies in the office has asked me to cook her Thanksgiving Day bird. She also said she had never liked smoked food before, but just has to have another one of the turkeys. So somehow I will fit it in on Thursday.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL