Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Vacuum cleaners

berndcrisp
berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
edited April 2014 in Off Topic
Should the SWMBO get a Dyson or Kirby?
Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Dyson, you can buy a new one when the the plastic bits break right after the warranty expires, but before that they work great.

Wow the forum gets weird when it's not working right... 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    So long as it's extra large and green

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    This topic sucks.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    edited April 2014
    neither! you do well at sucking on your own
    Beaufort, SC
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,866
    Depends on whether your wife prefers to suck or blow I guess.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    I know a girl down the street..... Oh damn this is a family forum

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• BREWnQ
    BREWnQ Posts: 219
    Wife wanted a Dyson. I thought it was an over priced gimick but my opinion counts for nothing so we got it anyway. Turns out its a really good vacuum. I would recommend to a friend. I can see though how plastic pieces could brea
    Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    edited April 2014
    We have had a  dyson for years. I told the wife it was the wrong size and doesn't fit my hand ...but it works great for her  :))
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    We did the rainbow thing where we did 12 demos and got it for free. It's definitely overpriced at $2,500, but they have an air tight pyramid scheme in place to where the sellers can make bank off the sell and referrals. We've had ours for over 5 years and still do not regret it.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• We did the rainbow thing where we did 12 demos and got it for free. It's definitely overpriced at $2,500, but they have an air tight pyramid scheme in place to where the sellers can make bank off the sell and referrals. We've had ours for over 5 years and still do not regret it.
    WTF?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌ dead serious lol

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Get berndcrisp. ..He sucks
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    henapple said:
    Get berndcrisp. ..He sucks

Haha!! You already getting into the sauce and being disgruntle.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I got a Dyson DC7 when they first came out. That was before I even started dating my wife in 2002 I believe. Still works great only issue is I have replaced the long hose twice. We have 4 cats so this thing gets used 3 times a week and all I do is wash out the filter every couple months.

Its megamaid. She's gone from suck to blow.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    I prefer this one:

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited April 2014
    I know it wasn't the OP's intent, but this thread is really helpful cause I'm on the market for a new vacuum. I'm looking at the Dyson DC65 Animal Complete.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Caz, you're an enabler.

We inherited a 1987 Rainbow....Still using it today...  there's the proof.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    2500 dollars, i hope that comes with a maid service
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980

Go Central vac.

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    hondabbq said:

Go Central vac.

Convenient...yes.

Clean well...no.

If you don't believe me run a Dyson over the floor after you've hit it with your central vac.  You'll be amazed.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • cazzy
    edited April 2014
    I just picked up a Dyson DC65 Animal Complete tonight, which came with a free DC34 cordless handheld. B-) OMG...I don't know what I've been doing my adult life...surely the back and forth motion wasn't vacuuming. I actually feel quite disgusting after using this thing. My previous vacuum also had a canister so it's not like I'm just not used to seeing dirt and hair. We just vacuumed on Friday and this thing picked up more stuff in 3 minutes than the other did in 20.

I'm a believer! :D
  • @cazzy, we're looking to get a vacuum.  My brothers wife sells Rainbows, but dag gone, that is to much!  

Looking at the DC65 Animal Complete now.  What are your thoughts now that you have used it a while?  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • cazzy
    edited September 2014

@cazzy, we're looking to get a vacuum.  My brothers wife sells Rainbows, but dag gone, that is to much!  

Looking at the DC65 Animal Complete now.  What are your thoughts now that you have used it a while?  
    Still love it! Thing is a beast and definitely would make a hooker covet it's sucking ability. :P It's always gross to see how much dog hair this thing picks up. The attachments are also quite wonderful, especially the mini turbine hand tool.

Without hesitation, I recommend it!