Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Transporting a Large BGE

Options
IlliniEgger
IlliniEgger Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have on occassion had to get my BGE somewhere other than my house to cook. Does anybody have any pictures or plans for some kind of stand to transport in?[p]Thanks,
IlliniEgger

Comments

• Beer-n-Eggs
    Options
    IlliniEgger,[p]I uused to take mine to our lake house a lot when we would go. What type of vehicle will you be taking it in?[p]In my truck, I would move it all the way up to the front of the bed, turn it 90 degress so the handle was one way and the hinge faced the other side. I used a tie down strap to hook the handle to one bed rail hole and another to tie the hinge to the other bed rail hole.
  • IlliniEgger, About 4-6 weeks ago there was a post here
    from a guy who made a carrier and it had pictures. It looked like it would work pretty well and seemed fairly simple. Search through the old posts, it should be there.

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Egg_Transporter.jpg
    <p />IlliniEgger,[p]I built an Egg Transporter for my small and large years ago and they are still going strong after transporting eggs to cookoffs, picnics, campouts, and to the lake and back.[p]The large takes two people to get it in and out, but it is rock solid for travel. I can fit two Larges in the back of my Tahoe. I used two 25" square pieces of plywood from Home Depot and some 2x4s. I pre-drilled my holes, used 3 inch deck screws along with Gorilla Glue. I'll get the dimensions of the hole and 2x4s if you are interested. Make sure you off set the 2x4s each time for structural strength.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
    Austin, TX

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • IlliniEgger
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    What is the length of the 2 x 4's?[p]IlliniEgger

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    IlliniEgger,