Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time to use pink salt

Options
Should i use both #1 and #2 in a formula? I am wanting to do wet curing. About 25 years ago i had a meat market and smoked turkeys was a money maker during Thanksgiving and Christmas. I would do 40 a day starting a weak before Thanksgiving through Christmas. the finished product was like eating cured ham. I live in Oklahoma the oil country and a lot would be bought by oil company's as gifts for their employes or customers.Here is is the deal. I had an electric pump and before i would close at night i would pump or inject (i think is what is called now) those 40 turkeys and go in the next morning and give them a bath and put them in my smoke house and i remember they had to be brought up to 140 degree internal  temp. That short time (less than 12 hours is unheard of now).
Now my question to you guys!!! i forget what the cure was but i know it done a hell of a job (never had one to come back and know that's unbelievable). would  any of you guys know how i might duplicate that cure?
Thanks

Comments