Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Michigan Eggheads

Is it me, or does it seem like there are more Michigan Eggheads these days?  It's a shame we can't get an Eggfest happening here with all these Eggheads.  I went to an Eggfest in Toronto last year and Indianapolis the year before and had a great time at both.  My favorite was Toronto because we met Little Steven and Texan of the North.  Yep, it's a shame.  I'm just sayin'.
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• stevesailsstevesails Posts: 990
    Would love to attend one
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,033
    I thought there was an Oswego one...
  • @Owossoegger had a egg demo at the farmer's market in Owosso last year.  I would love to cook there again and even have a dish in mind, but I haven't heard anything about it this year.  I didn't want to bug Kevin about it.  I figure if he's got it going, he'll let me know.
    Flint, Michigan
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,033
    Ah, Owosso. Whoops.
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 7,491
    edited April 2014
    I just spoke to Kevin and he's interested in another Owosso event. He was pretty overwhelmed with putting it together, so I offered to do whatever I can. He (& me if he wants) is meeting with the Farmer's Market folks soon and checking dates. Gonna check with the BGE rep and see what's possible.

Any suggestions? Come on peanut gallery, let's hear it!

I had a lot of fun last year and I'm stoked!!
    Flint, Michigan
  • PhattonyPhattony Posts: 23
    I agree. A Michigan Eggfest would be awesome!
    Detroit, MI 
    YOLO... It's like Carpe Diem for idiots.
  • HNLHNL Posts: 31
    From MI but live in PA now. Go green!
  • gmacgmac Posts: 1,797
    But then you'd have all of us Canadians crossing over to check up on you and steal all your recipes :)  
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 5,755
    I live in Cincinnati and I'd be up for an Eggfest trip.  I'm overdue for a beer run to Michigan anyhow.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• I know where you can get some cool t-shirts to sell if you do put something together.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

From MI but live in PA now. Go green!

Ya got the wrong color there my friend. BLUE! Its "Go Blue!"
    Flint, Michigan
  • BustersdadBustersdad Posts: 311
    If you guys need some help putting it together, let me know...willing to help any way I can.
  • ShadowNickShadowNick Posts: 520
    I'd be down for a western Michigan fest on the shore
    Pentwater, MI
  • If you guys need some help putting it together, let me know...willing to help any way I can.

Cool!
    Flint, Michigan
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:
    You saw my T shirt!! Wanna buy one?
    Flint, Michigan
    Only if your picture is on it.
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,214
    Damn, that thread was deleted but I'm still stuck with my one and only Troll vote  :((
    canuckland
    One?...you need to nut up and pissed someone off.
  • KenfromMIKenfromMI Posts: 742
    I just received my Green Egg as a gift but haven't used it yet. I do have 8 or so years on a WSM18 though. Putting it together this week so you have one more guy from Michigan on here now too. 
    Dearborn MI
  • KtimKtim Posts: 364
    Where at in Michigan? It would be nice if you put your city and state in your signature Line. Have fun.
    sumpter township Mi.
  • GrillmagicGrillmagic Posts: 1,546
    I'm from Dimondale, MI. Just south of Lansing.
    Chuck
    www.chuckkingcomedy.com
    Dimondale, Michigan XL BGE
  • KtimKtim Posts: 364
    Nice, i am from Sumpter Township, about 20 miles southwest of Detroit.
    sumpter township Mi.
  • KenfromMI said:

I just received my Green Egg as a gift but haven't used it yet. I do have 8 or so years on a WSM18 though. Putting it together this week so you have one more guy from Michigan on here now too. 

Welcome Ken! I'm a Weber kettle vet that switched to the Egg a couple of years ago. You're gonna love your egg! I'm in Flint. Where are you?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Damn, that thread was deleted but I'm still stuck with my one and only Troll vote  :((
    I noticed that too. I guess someone does keep an eye on things around here.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Dearborn MI
    I'll be in Auburn Hills in May or June. I expect free food and beer from someone.
  • BustersdadBustersdad Posts: 311
    Let us know
  • I'm down. Tube steak & PBR?
    Flint, Michigan
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    I don't think any of the dealers here in the Tri-Cities are big enough to handle one.

I know talking to Kevin in O Wos So and Fred it was a lot of work

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI