Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

St Paddy's Day - No Such Thing As St Patty's!

Just find this amusing.

I am Irish, I am from Ireland. And while im delighted your all in the spirit of things, there is no such thing as St Patty's Day. And more and more I hear it every year as people confuse Patty and Paddy.

Patty is a womans name, Saint Patrick, big surpise an all, was a man!!! Not a woman!

Also, its an Irish holiday, so drinking Mac Callan, Glenmorangie etc, is.....unhelpful, they are Scottish drinks. It still amazes me how I offer people a whiskey and they say 'oh I only drink scotch and not whiskey'. Well, lightbulb moment, scotch is whiskey! Its just marketed more in Scotland to the US market than Irish whiskey.

Also, we dont eat bacon and cabbage on st paddys day. Its usually a beef roast, or lamb, with roast patatoes and turnip or something to that effect.

Anyways..... just having a cringe moment, had to clarify!

Happy La Le Phadraig!
Tiocfaidh!
Support 26+6=1 United Ireland

Comments