Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally got MAP torch!!

Finally picked up a MAP torch today. I must say....WOW!! It is quick. In just 15 seconds or so you are lit. I was coming from a BGE electric starter and this is worlds better. I like the ability to light 2-3 different spots. I do however have a couple of questions.... 1. When I lit the charcoal it sparked like crazy. I used Rockwood which typically doesn't spark when lighting. I will say that this was 100% used charcoal as it was leftover from low and slow this wk-end. Thought maybe that attributed to it..... 2. I notice in the instructions to the MAP it says after use take the torch off the bottle. Do you guys do this? Also, if I ever forgot to turn off the gas or turn off the torch would it actually hurt anything? Doesn't seem to leak gas when you aren't pulling trigger. Maybe it does... Thanks guys!

XL Egg Owner Since Dec 2013 - Louisiana

Comments