Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza... rosemary, garlic, onion and olive oil. That is all.

Options
725°, 3 minutes. Oven (but you could use an egg. :) ) Excellent!!

imageimage

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That looks simply delicious!  I'll be the first to ask...what is your dough recipe?  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Eggatron
    Options
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Wow, your oven goes to 725?  That would be great!

Pie looks delicious!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Nice looking pie Mike!  Great pics too!

So when are you going to build a wood fired oven??
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Thanks, guys. 

SmokeyPitt, the recipe uses Caputo 00 flour and is here... http://www.fornobravo.com/PDF/Using-caputo-tipo00.pdf

Botch, yeah the oven is pretty long in the tooth and the calibration is screwed up. Supposed to go only to 500°, but I get more if I just turn it up all the way. Thermoworks IR usually tells me 725-735°. Still not as high as the self clean cycle so I'm assuming it's safe enough. Gonna be a sad day when it finally dies and I have to go back outside to do pizza in the dead of winter! I haven't done an egged pie in months!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Thanks, Cazzy. A WFO would be awesome. Just a dream for now.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Carolina Q
    Options
    TUTTLE871 said:
    No meat, no cheese, not even sauce! Eleven? Nah.  But thanks. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut