Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza!!

First, I want to give a big thanks to my wife who hooked us up with a monogrammed bottle opener for my newly refinished table!  Great addition...  So for tonights festivities we decided to stay in and attempt our first pizza cook on the LBGE.  I have to admit I was nervous with the high temp cook since I hadn't been over roughly 400 for any of my previous cooks so it was just intimidating for the first time.  I made sure to burp and even had to burp a few times to get the flames to calm down!  We had a Pampered Chef pizza stone that we normally cook on in the oven so I figured by putting PS legs up and grate on top and pizza stone on top it would be safe from the temps. It got a little blackened, but should be good to go..worked like a charm. Did 11mins at 575-600 and turned out some of the best tasting pizza ever.  Love the slight smoke taste!!  Definitely going to be a favorite from now on....

Comments