Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Done with the Snow lets cook something!

Options
GeorgeS
GeorgeS Posts: 955
edited February 2014 in EggHead Forum
I don't know about you guys but I have had enough of this f**ck**g snow and shoveling! Grill is lite, steaks are seasoned, potatoes are wrapped and the mushrooms are on the stove!

photo 79D3F5D2-65CD-4D1F-9DDD-0EAD7B513122_zpst9q7n2el.jpg

photo EC13DD0D-7C7E-4C0C-AB9B-91D54817657B_zpsox2eulhs.jpg

photo F5DE9BDE-2D7A-4648-92A7-A43A93D95A75_zpsfppodq2h.jpg

I even have a few friends to help out!
photo 35ECAE44-CE33-441E-9DE2-6A5B6764AD69_zpspxxgjynj.jpg
Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!

Comments

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I'm right there with ya Brother !!!

Got the egg stabilizing and the ribs are waiting.

Post us some finished pics.

Here is de ribs with a little Famous Dave's rub .....image

imageimageimageimage

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• dldawes1
    Options
    Yeah, I'm new at this posting here in the forum.....sorry !

Donnie

• GeorgeS
    Options
    Those look like they are gonna be yummy! Finished picks please.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    edited February 2014
    Options
    George - I thought you were new to egging, but in your first picture in this thread I see a genuine Lawn Ranger Gridlifter. Many folks here don't know about Mike and his one of a kind tools and egg handles. Care to tell us more?

BTW here is my oldest on top and then his new serial numbered ones like you have.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    RRP said:

George - I thought you were new to egging, but in your first picture in this thread I see a genuine Lawn Ranger Gridlifter. Many folks here don't know about Mike and his one of a kind tools and egg handles. Care to tell us more?

BTW here is my oldest on top and then his new serial numbered ones like you have.
    You sir have great eyes! You are correct! I have been cooking on the egg for about 8 months. I am also lucky enough to be about 5 minutes from the Dizzy Pig store front and they carry all kinds of good stuff. I'm a sucker for hand made things in this world of
    Mass produced stuff. It's great when you find things that are beautiful and hand made.

• GeorgeS
    Options
    Here's the finished meal.
    photo 0B069222-DC63-4D57-ABD4-E61FA7D08A7C_zpstpbwe2ad.jpg

photo ECACDC15-7CFD-401D-9F1C-601CF05A82B1_zpsrbsl44i5.jpg
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    Here's a better shot for you on the grid lifter.
    photo 60C53697-6081-434A-8AE7-A35E109E807F_zpslfxqx4mj.jpg
  • RRP
    Options
    Looks delicious!!! You are correct about Lawn Ranger tools. All my eggs have his custom made handles as well.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Strong work. Are your little friends from uncommon goods?
  • RRP
    Options
    I assume you are asking about the tools. Actually the metal part are stakes used for securing landscaping borders and the wood Mike used for years was all "found wood" such as mesquite. Over the years he made a large assortment of BBQ tools and those who bought them have some very pretty and unique sets of tools all with different naturally shaped handles.
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    Strong work. Are your little friends from uncommon goods?

Yes sir one is a Conlon. The other two are not. I love the stuff that Fred Conlon does! He is very imaginative!
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    RRP said:
    I assume you are asking about the tools. Actually the metal part are stakes used for securing landscaping borders and the wood Mike used for years was all "found wood" such as mesquite. Over the years he made a large assortment of BBQ tools and those who bought them have some very pretty and unique sets of tools all with different naturally shaped handles.

Where might I be able to find more of his tools and handles? Dizzy Pig only has the Grid lifter? Does he put different markings on each handle? Mine has a different marking.
  • RRP
    Options
    On the side of your grill lifter you will see what appears to be T/ over an X.
    Lawn Ranger (Mike) is a true Texan and that has been his family brand for decades! BTW his Grandfather was a saddle maker and made exquisite fancy horse saddles. There was a book published with a collection of his work. 

Let me contact Mike to see if he is still making tools, but I believe he is. I'll either send you a PM or post something here as a followup.
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    RRP said:
    On the side of your grill lifter you will see what appears to be T/ over an X.
    Lawn Ranger (Mike) is a true Texan and that has been his family brand for decades! BTW his Grandfather was a saddle maker and made exquisite fancy horse saddles. There was a book published with a collection of his work. 

Let me contact Mike to see if he is still making tools, but I believe he is. I'll either send you a PM or post something here as a followup.

That is right it is the T/. Thanks for looking into it for me!
  • dldawes1
    Options
    Mickey's Turbo Ribs.......almost done.  Just passed the bend test.....I decided to foil and sauce them for about 20 more minutes with egg closed/shut down at 340 dome temp.

imageimage
    Im getting mighty hungry,

Donnie

• dldawes1
    Options
    ......tomorrows forecast for Carrollton, KY.....

looks like brisket in the snow for me !!!!!!!

.....oh well, it won't be the 1st time !!!!!!!

• GeorgeS
    Options
    Looking good dldawes1!
  • dldawes1
    Options

@ GeorgeS......your cook looks awesome.....

I like your signature line and completely agree( next to helping them eat it !!!!!) !!!!!!

Donnie

• dldawes1
    Options
    Couldn't resist.....love that cherry wood for coloring up babybacks.....

• dldawes1
    Options
    Well, I thought we were done with snow .......

Got off at 4pm.......pics  #1 and 2.......

Got home and fired up the egg for my baby briskets....4# flat and 4# point.....pics #3 and 4

• dldawes1
    Options
    internets too slow can't upload pics right now.

• GeorgeS
    Options
    I took tonight off, tomorrow it's back to cooking. I have a pork loin, some asparagus, onions, yellow squash and mushroom to grill. My wife and daughter (5 year old) cooked me hotdogs wrapped up in dough with cheese and Mac and Cheese.
  • dldawes1
    Options
    That sounds pretty good. My wife fixed sausage and saurkraut for something different. I've got brisket on the egg.