Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Frenched Rack of Lamb... one of the easiest cooks ever with great results

Options
Big Ragu
Big Ragu Posts: 148

I love lamb but rarely take it outside to grill.  It is pricey and that is probably the primary reason.  Did my first rack on my mini yesterday with great results.  This is really an idiot proof cook.  Modified recipe from bon appetit:

Recipe for one 8 bone rack:

mix 1/2 c olive oil, tsp red pepper flakes, 1tbsp fresh chopped rosemary, 1 tbsp fresh chop parsely, 2 cloves of garlic smashed and rough chopped.  mix together and add to a ziplock that contrains the rack of lamb.  Generous amount of kosher salt and rough black pepper to bothe sides before lamb goes in the bag.  Marinate 4-8 hrs depending on how much time you have.  Bring to room temp before grilling and remove from bag and add some additional salt and pepper before tossing on grill direct at 500-550. 2 min on each side for a nice brown sear, then close the vents to just a crack and nurse for another 10 min turning perodically as the grill temp drops.  When the internal temp hits 130-140 (depending on your taste) pull them off tent with foil and rest 10 min then slice.  had the wife trow together a quick port wine redux.  Tender, fresh tasting and very simple.

lamb.JPG 539.5K

Comments