Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Guru Party Q .... Should I buy one?

Options
Thinking about getting one of the lesser expensive controllers. The biggest thing I want one for is smoking homemade sausage @ or below 200 degrees. Also probably hot smoke some bacon. Maybe use on the occasional Boston butt. Don't really care about wifi models or any of the more expensive models. Should I get the Party Q? Who has one? Do you like it or not? Is there something else I should look for that will better suit my needs? What says you?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I like my digiq dx2
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I have one, seems to work as advertised. I already had a Maverick, the combo works for me. The lowest temp I used it to maintain was 210*, this was on an XL.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • s_austin_egger
    Options
    Does exactly what it says it does. I use with my maverick as well and the partyq is simple to calibrate and tune in to the maverick temp . Simple to put on and take off. Runs on batteries which is a big plus to me. Cheapest option too I think.
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    I love my DigiQDX2 i highly recomend it
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sold my Digi Q and bought one. Used it twice and gave it to Travis. Answer would be NO.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RickyBobby
    Options
    If you want simple and still expect awesome results .... get a PitMaster IQ110 or IQ120. You can pick one up from @stlcharcoal for a great price!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Mkadilla
    Options
    Works as advertised. Did a nice job on my first overnight low and slow. 
  • TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    Options
    I like it on overnights or if i'm getting temp swings and i don't have time to keep making adjustments. Works fine in my XL. Price is right, considering I use it infrequently and i absolutely needed battery power.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I'm getting enticed myself....saw a bunch being bought at the last egg fest I was at.
    Seattle, WA
  • Camben
    Camben Posts: 24
    Options
    Love mine. Holds temp on my LBE perfect. No problems at all. A++
    LG BGE, plate setter, highQ grate, Ceramic Grill Works 2 Tier rack, Smokeware SS vent cap, BBQ GURU Party Q, super fast Ravens purple Thermapen and Maverick ET-732
  • cspearce2
    cspearce2 Posts: 107
    Options
    Mine works great on my XL. Love it
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    I've had mine for just over two years and love it.  I don't need (or want) all the other bells and whistles of the much higher priced doodads.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • twlangan
    twlangan Posts: 307
    Options
    I've had mine for just over a year. Works great and relieves a lot of stress on overnighters. I have held lower temps (180F) without any trouble. My only gripes - I wish it were weather proof and I wish they had a way to power it with an AC to DC converter. My Egg stays put and I have an outlet near by. I'd rather power it that way than with batteries. I just wish I had the option available.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    twlangan said:
    I've had mine for just over a year. Works great and relieves a lot of stress on overnighters. I have held lower temps (180F) without any trouble. My only gripes - I wish it were weather proof and I wish they had a way to power it with an AC to DC converter. My Egg stays put and I have an outlet near by. I'd rather power it that way than with batteries. I just wish I had the option available.

I'm planning to fab an AC adapter using dowel rods, I'll post when I finally get it done.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • makis
    makis Posts: 81
    Options
    When EGGing a butt overnight I have found it to be a great thing to have.Price is good so why not??