Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight Chuck Roast

Dave in Florida
Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
edited January 2014 in EggHead Forum
Did chuck roast burnt ends for the 2nd time today. These are soooo good.

195, cubed and ready for sauce.

2 more hours in 50/50 Bues Hog and Sonny Sweet sauce and they are done.

Add some fried rice we had leftover and fresh cooked green beans and we have a meal.

When the wife keeps saying how good the chuck roast burnt ends were, I'll call it a success.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Wow, those look good !!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    I need to make this.  looks great! I have been procrastinating on cooking my first brisket for a while now.  I'd love to make burnt ends like this when I finally get around to it.  
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • I keep seeing these"burnt ends" on the forum, but what are they exactly ? Am I right in saying they are just chuck steak chopped up before cooking.
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    So you made a whole chuck roast into burnt ends? What time and temp for both halves of the cook?
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    @DAVE...+1 on the wife's seal of approval having a strong impact on feeling successful   !!!!!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    I keep seeing these"burnt ends" on the forum, but what are they exactly ? Am I right in saying they are just chuck steak chopped up before cooking.

+1
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    I keep seeing these"burnt ends" on the forum, but what are they exactly ? Am I right in saying they are just chuck steak chopped up before cooking.
    Use the search function on this forum, or just google it.  Lots of content out there.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Chuck roast burnt ends is just the name for them.  Cook a chuck roast, cube it and cook it some more just didn't seem like a fitting name for these tasty treats.  Are they better then brisket burnt ends, No.  Are they really good, Yes!

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1156771/chuck-roast-burnt-ends#latest
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!