Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Table

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am about to purchase a large BGE and was wondering if anyone in here has had experience building a table to support this. I am aware of the limited set of plans posted on the BGE website but was looking for something different or something with more detailed plans. Any assisstance would be greatly appreciated.[p]Thanks,
jeff

Comments

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    JeffD,
    Grab your britches. You're about to be inundated with pictures and suggestions from people who have built wonderful tables.
    JimW

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    JeffD, while I haven't built a table, I just happen to know that Mr. Toad is building one that sounds like a winner. You'll find his email address in the profiles. Good luck!

• SLOPPY PIG
    SLOPPY PIG Posts: 33
    Options
    JeffD,I dont really know just what you want in a table,but,I have built 4 to date. I used the basic plan with changes to the material and sizes.
    I constructed mine with 4x4 legs,2X4frame,and5/4surface treated pine.I counter sunk lag bolts to hold frame to the legs.Mine are 38" from ground to top,28"deep and 2 are 60" long,2 are 70" long.I have one on my patio with one egg set in it giving me a nice work area.The other 3 are mounted on my competition unit each containing 2 large eggs.I guess you could make them as fancy as you like.I really want to build one out of stainless,but haven't decided how to afford it.

• Eggman
    Eggman Posts: 13
    Options
    eggpic.jpg
    <p />JeffD,
    I used 2x4s, 1x2 cedar, and ceramic tile for my table. E-mail for more specific questions.
    E-g

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Q%20setup.jpg
    <p />JeffD,
    Another version