Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peach Cobbler on the BGE?

Options
JohnL
JohnL Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
pcobbler.jpg
<p />Well, I just had to experiment. Last night, my Wife and I had the best chicken breasts we've ever had on the BGE. Had some twice baked potatoes prepared on the BGE as well. But, I have a peach tree in my back yard, and I decided to try a dessert on the BGE. I picked about 6 ripe peaches, and proceded to prepare my Mom's recipe for peach cobbler. We had some lump left and humpty was at 375 degrees, so I said, what the heck, lets give it a try. All I can say is simply awesome. This cobbler stayed on the BGE for 30 minutes at 375 degrees and it was just perfect. No smoke, I was afraid the crust would absorb to much and not taste right. Anyway, this one set for about 30 minutes so it could soak up all those nice juices into the crust top and, well, it was delicious. I think the BGE can replace our oven. :) Anyway, just thought I would share that with everyone.[p]John

Comments

• Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    Options
    JohnL,
    Pies, cobblers, turnovers, etc. are awesome on the egg. They get just a hint of smoke if you let the initial burn go - after cooking something else or fully preheating, it's just right. If you ate one cooked in the oven and then ate one from the egg, you could tell there was a little smoke. If you tried right after firing (especially when you see smoke), it would be too much.[p]Mary

• Mike Oelrich
    Mike Oelrich Posts: 544
    Options
    JohnL,[p] The Washingont Post Food section yesterday was devoted to desserts like this. Check out the link below. BTW, I don't get a picture with your post, just an ad. Is it just me?[p]MikeO
    [ul][li]Wash Post Food Section[/ul]
  • Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    Options
    MikeO,
    Yeah, I saw that on the train last night and made my mouth water. Gotta go blueberry picking again.[p]Mary