Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table nest

Options
Is anyone using the table nest with their tables ? I'm currently using 2 " pavers under my xl , but wondering if the table nest would be a better option ?

Comments

• Charlesmaneri
    Options
    I have a table nest under my LBGE prior to the nest I was using ceramic feet and had no problem but a lot of people on the forum said that I needed to put a stone or nest under the Egg so I got the nest I like it t looks sharp
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    The table nest allows for air flow below the egg and greatly reduces heat transfer to the table below. I recommend one.
  • grEGGorys
    Options
    I used to have a paving stone under mine but I was worried that the heat would transfer to the stone and char the table. I bought a table nest and it works great. It allows for plenty of airflow between the grill and table.
    Gulf Coast FL
  • fairchase
    fairchase Posts: 312
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I have never had a heat problem with the stones.
    I did however discover a hairline crack in the bottom of my base after
    my 1 and only clean burn.
    I'm wondering if moisture between the stones and the base , and  or lack of air flow under the base could be responsible for the crack ?
  • morgaj1
    Options
    I have a table nest for my large.  I originally had the egg sitting directly on a concrete paver.  Then, I was in my local BGE dealer and saw the table nest.  I really like how it gives airflow between the egg and the paver.  For about $20, it's a good investment.