Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any Warnings about the hinge not being in line with the bottom vent opening?

Options
TheShaytoon
TheShaytoon Posts: 420
edited December 2013 in EggHead Forum
I want to re-align the bottom vent to be at 3 o'clock (turn the vent 90 degrees counter clockwise from the picture)  while the handle is at 6 and the hinge being at 12.

That way the fan for the CyberQ is out of the way.  

Has anyone done this?  I don't know if there is a structural reason to have the vent and the hinge/ handle in line.

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
Dallas, TX

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    dont see any reason you cant spin it, my dome sits 90 degrees to the left so i can see it from the house and outside bar setup. thats for newer eggs, anything more than 10 or 12 years old the bands were pinned to the ceramic
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I can't either. Your hot spot would be to the left side instead of the hinge side and making temp adjustments would be a bit awkward but you might get used to it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TheShaytoon
    Options
    I didn't even think about the temp adjustment or the HOT spot... hmmmm; maybe I should just keep it the way it is.  

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX