Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where to buy Dizzy Pig??

Bought my last batch on Amazon.  Want to move up to the quart size and Amazon doesn't appear to be attractive from a pricing viewpoint.  Looked at the Dizzy Pig store and the shipping is outrageous and slower than Christmas.  

Where are you folks buying it?
Alan in LA (Lower Alabama that is)
"If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before!" 

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    My dealer carries it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    @alphonse give my website I shot. www.ceramicgrillworks.com. Thanks
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    Alphonse said:
    Bought my last batch on Amazon.  Want to move up to the quart size and Amazon doesn't appear to be attractive from a pricing viewpoint.  Looked at the Dizzy Pig store and the shipping is outrageous and slower than Christmas.  

Where do you live? I always had great service from the Dizzy Pig store. Plus there is always something extra in the box, and after my 10th order they offered me a free bottle and my choice of t-shirt or hat.

I am probably not much more then 120 miles from the store though. 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited December 2013
    Try their store locator... http://dizzypigbbq.com/zc5/index.php?main_page=store_locator

Not always accurate, but at least you could call a store or two if any are convenient. I say this because I went to a listed store (40 miles from DP no less) and they never heard of the stuff. [Chris, if you read this, it was the Made in Virginia store in Fredericksburg. This was a while ago, maybe it's straightened out now.]

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806

@Alphonse I've had the same experience.....no one close to me carries it in store, or at least much of a selection and the shipping at most online retailers or from DP themselves makes it cost prohibitive since it's already a fairly pricey rub (but worth it!).   But I found this site with a great selection of rubs and quantities with free shipping for orders of over $49.  This is where I got my last batch and about to place another order.

http://treasurejourneys.com/Dizzy-Pig-BBQ-Rub-C87362.aspx?sid=778

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Alphonse said:

Where do you live? I always had great service from the Dizzy Pig store. Plus there is always something extra in the box, and after my 10th order they offered me a free bottle and my choice of t-shirt or hat.

I am probably not much more then 120 miles from the store though. 

I live near the Gulf Coast of Alabama.

Alan in LA (Lower Alabama that is)
    "If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before!" 
  • Whaler
    Whaler Posts: 110
     I am in LA Lower Alabama  NW Florida and a DP retailer just east of Pensacola.

Pensacola,FL
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Yep - shipping from the DP store is pricey, as is the cost on Amazon. An Ace Hardware store not too far from me stocks some (not all) DP rubs for about $9-$10/bottle + tax. Then there are the BGE rubs made by DP, which are more expensive than DP, but may work out if you can find them at your dealer instead of paying for shipping. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Firecraft has DP rubs in quarts.  Not sure they have the ones you would like, but check out their site for price and shipping.  Others have been happy with their service.  I have not used them so cannot vouch for price or promptness.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Last time I bought dizzy pig. They spotted it priority mail one size box. Not too bad.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    +1 for Dizzy Pig Store.  My last order they were able to fit it in a priority mail box and credited me the difference.  Good folks, Great product!
    Santa Paula, CA
  • I get mine from my dealer however he only carries the small size containers 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Living in Canuckistan, it was cheaper for me to order it up to a parcel service just inside the US border and make a weekend trip to shop and stop and pick it up on the way out.