Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe Needed:PLEASE!!

Smok'inCSI
Smok'inCSI Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hiya Fellow Eggers;
I'm in need of a "Killer" Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe, any and all help greatly appreciated!
Thxs a million
Smokin CSI

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    SmokinCSI,
    If he'll let the recipe go ask Kenny (Hatch) for his. he made that at the Jack for the dessert category and it was pretty awesome.[p]

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    SmokinCSI,
    for the crust.........
    about 20 vanilla wafers
    1 cup of pecans or walnuts
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon of vanilla
    1/4 cup melted butter[p]place wafer and pecans in food processor and pulse until coarse but don't over do it, your nuts will turn to mush because of the oil in them, add sugar, vanilla, and butter. Pulse until incorporated, make crust in cheesecake pan and bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and turn oven to 210 degrees.[p]Filling:
    1 and 1/2 pounds of cream cheese ( room temp )
    1 cup of sugar
    1 (16)oz can of pumpkin
    1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
    1/4 cup of heavy cream
    1/4 cup Jack Daniels, Ameretto, Franjelica,Praline Liquor, White Chocolate Truffle Liquor or Southern Comfort
    4 whole eggs or 6 egg yolks ( SEE NOTE )
    2 teaspoons vanilla[p]mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth
    add pumpkin, spice, cream, Jack Daniel or other, and mix until smooth, add egg or egg yolks, one at a time until incorporated, add vanilla,mix until incorporated.[p]Pour batter in crust and bake for about 1 and half hours at 210 degrees or until the cake sets or the center about the size of a quarter is still kinda soft.
    Remove from oven and let sit about 10 minutes. Run a sharp wet knife around the inner side between the cake and the pan to loosen it and allow it to settle evenly. Refrigerate.
    Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon and powdered sugar on it.
    You could always make a White Chocolate ganache to cover the whole cake.[p]NOTE.........
    whole eggs will give you a fluffier cake
    egg yolks will give you a denser cake[p]

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Chef Wil,
    Thanks for that little nugget. If you can spare the time how a blueberry cheesecake.[p]I assuming Libby's is okay for pumpkin.
    Mike

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    SmokinCSI, here's one I have used:
    Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie with Sour Cream Topping
    [p]Graham Cracker Crust
    1 cup graham cracker crumbs, about 16 crackers
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    1/4 cup sugar
    Pumpkin-Cheese Filling
    4 package 3oz cream cheese, softened
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 1/2 Tbs flour
    3/4 tsp lemon peel, grated
    3/4 tsp orange peel, grated
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp ginger
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    2 each eggs
    2 each egg yolks, discard whites
    1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
    Sour Cream Topping
    1 1/2 cups sour cream
    2 Tbs sugar
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Crust:
    1 In a medium bowl, use a fork to lightly toss the crumbs with butter and 1/4 cup sugar until mixed well.
    2 Liberally grease a 9" springform pan.
    3 With the back of a metal spoon, press the mixture to the bottom and sides of the pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
    Pumpkin Cheese Filling::
    1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2 In a large bowl of an electric mixture, combine cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, flour, lemon, orange, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, eggs (and yolks) and pumpkin. Beat at medium speed until smooth (high speed with a portable mixer.)
    3 Turn the mixture into crust.
    4 Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center of the pie seems firm when the pan is gently shakened.
    Sour Cream Topping:
    1 In a small bowl, combine sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
    2 Use a fork or spoon and whip thoroughly until well mixed.
    3 Spread topping evenly over pie.
    4 Return to the oven and bake an additional ten minutes. Allow pie to cool completely on wire rack - at least one hour.
    5 If desired, the top of the pie may be decorated with a suitable condiment, such as nutmeg. Refrigerate overnight.

Servings: 8
    [p]

• Chef Wil
    Car Wash Mike,
    yeah, Libby's is good.
    Instead of a blueberry cheesecake make yourself a white chocolate cheesecake and cook yourself some blueberries with sugar and White Zinfandel, thicken with very little cornstarch.
    I don't like putting fruit in cheesecakes because it makes the batter loose as it bakes. The pumpkin has fiber so it doesnt mess up the batter like berries will.

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    cw2.jpg
    <p />Chef Wil,
    Thanks a bunch for everything.
    Kaleigh, Tammy, Mike

• Chef Wil
    Car Wash Mike,
    UbetchA, blueberry cream cheese ice cream !!!
    I'm sure we can get Kaleigh to do the sampling, thanks for the pic.

• Chef Wil, your recipe is about like ours except your recipe adds some liquor. What does that do for the texture and taste? I'll try that next time. Our recipes are similar to Lindy's New York style cheesecake, (the best there is, IMO, but with pumpkin). I always use Philadelphia brand (original) cream cheese. I tried a different brand once (lite stuff), and it was terrible.

• Chef Wil
    George,
    the texture doesnt change much but depending the liquor used makes a big difference in taste. I would prefer the Ameretto or White Truffle Chocolate. Jack Daniels would be great as well.

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Chef Wil,[p]Oh my GOD that sounds fantastic! I LOVE pumpkin and I LOVE cheesecake. Two of my very favorite things combined with a good amaretto or white chocolate truffle liquor...WOW![p]Thanks!
    Tonia
    :~)

• Chef Wil
    QBabe,
    you can also use sweet potato instead of pumpkin if you like sweet potato. Another is pumpkin or sweet potato bread pudding served with a warm vanilla sauce or a warm whiskey sauce, toasted pecans to add a crunch and your in bizzznezzz.