Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp and Rice

Options
This has to go in OT because it ended up cooked inside.

All these ingredients were supposed to be a wok cook on the XL, but The Spouse did not feel like it, and the shrimp needed to be cooked.  Besides it is dropping down into the 70's tonight and she needed comfort food, brrrrrrrrrrr.  I have a specific recipe for yellow rice, sausage, and shrimp that everyone loves, and this ain't it.  But it is close enough for tonight.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Well, number one. ..don't post something so awesome and not share the recipe. Number 2...below 70?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Hennapple, I'll add the recipe for the real thing tomorrow.  Yeah, going down into the 70's tonight, we're thinking of lighting up the fireplace, brrrrrrrrrrr.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• brycos
    brycos Posts: 137
    Options
    I live in NC mountains and 70 here is warm almost hot.  Went to Tampa a few years ago in November and it was 70 their but I was freezing.  Strange!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    brycos said:
    I live in NC mountains and 70 here is warm almost hot.  Went to Tampa a few years ago in November and it was 70 their but I was freezing.  Strange!
    That's funny.  I spent some time on a job in San Francisco, and it could feel very cold for what the real temp was.  I think it was the humidity and dew point.  Things were damp and wet a lot.