Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

weird noise when closing in the cold

Options
Temperatures reached just under 20F last night and I noticed a weird noise when closing my lid. sounded like it was coming from the spring, just worried about the cold affecting the band tension somehow and i'm wondering if there is something I should check or tighten.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    dmarois said:
    Temperatures reached just under 20F last night and I noticed a weird noise when closing my lid. sounded like it was coming from the spring, just worried about the cold affecting the band tension somehow and i'm wondering if there is something I should check or tighten.

Thanks for any help

Mine does the same thing but I think its just normal sounds coming from the metal.Everything seems tight still.Hopefully our domes don't fall out....lol
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • dmarois
    Options
    Id have to take personal time off of work if my dome fell off
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Perfectly normal. Metal expands and contracts in extreme heat and cold. Thus you will get little creeks and pops much like my knees and back when its cold. ;-)Thankfully I'm in FL :)) lol
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • dmarois
    Options
    I have dual citizenship and have been debating a move to somewhere warm since october 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Normal. Mine been doing it for years.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    dmarois said:
    I have dual citizenship and have been debating a move to somewhere warm since october 
    You'd be amazed at the number of Canadians in Myrtle Beach, SC; it's like Ontario South. I wonder if Interstate 77 was paved just for them.
  • dmarois
    Options
    dmarois said:
    You'd be amazed at the number of Canadians in Myrtle Beach, SC; it's like Ontario South. I wonder if Interstate 77 was paved just for them.
    I kind of work in an industry that caters to them moving there as well so its actually a possibility for me, time will tell
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Chubbs said:

Normal. Mine been doing it for years.

Hey @Chubbs ! It's good to see you post again!
    Flint, Michigan