Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Restaurant Depot

Looking at their website you need a business license to shop there... I see posts on here all the time from folks buying meat there. Are all of you restaurant owners, or is there another way to shop there?

Thanks in advance!!!
SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

Comments

• They'll usually let you in with a day pass if you're a KCBS member. 
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Deckhand
    Deckhand Posts: 318
    Yup,  I just take my KCBS membership card to the customer service counter and they write a number on a slip of paper.  I give the number to the cashier at checkout.  (Have no idea what it means or what they do with it).  They have good prices on big bags of Royal Oak lump.  
  • jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    Cool, thanks for the info.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Doesn't have to be a restaurant just a business license. I use a friends its Atlanta gymnastics center or something like that.
  • jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    Oh... I hadnt thought of that. I have a few small business owners in my family. I'll hit them up to make a trip down with me. Now I am excited! :-D

• rdmudd
    rdmudd Posts: 24
    Any business will work.
  • Yes any business or organization will work. We got a membership for the firehouse. We do buy beef and chicken there for some cooks we do. We went there on a whim when SAMs club left us high and dry. Now I'm in love with the place. I'm sure u will be to once you get there. Just make sure you take a coat. I'm the type to wear shorts and sandles year round no matter what the temp is. Me and a buddy (who also wears shorts and sandles )went there in June and we eventually walked out of the cold area as we were freezing and it was 90 degrees outside.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I've been once, with KCBS membership. Was pretty neat. Leg of lamb was $ 6/lb cheaper than HEB. They had whole goat carcasses too. They had insulated overalls to wear into the cooler section.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.