Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

question abou new mini green egg

Butcher
Butcher Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just brought home a new mini green egg and upacked the box and noticed
that there is no grate for the firebox. Is this normal or am I missing the grate.

Comments

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Butcher,[p]It should have one and if it came from Atlanta HQ, you may have to destroy then entire box. They get really creative with the foam spray when boxing them little guys up.[p]Z

• Butcher
    Zip,I went back and checked the box again and found the grate, thanks for the helpful info. Happy cooking Butcher

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Butcher,[p]That is good news about the grate. Just another heads up, if you are also looking for the feet for the mini. This may not be true now, but was about a year ago. The mini did not come with feet when I got mine. I didn't know that at the time, so I destroyed the packing looking for them as well. [p]Z

• Butcher,[p]I have a Large BGE. Thinking about either a small or a mini. How much did you pay for a mini? And why did you buy a mini rather than a small? [p]Your advice would be appreciated.[p]Anthony
  • Butcher
    Zip,I also discovered that it didn't come with feet but I've got the ones that came with my large BGE and I just figured I could use those. I also have a good friend that is a extremely talented welder that says he can make me a nice nest for it with no problem.Butcher[p]
  • Butcher
    Anthony Up North,I paid $129 for the mini, I bought the mini for traveling, we have a 31' travel trailer and do most of our cooking outside. Once I got the mini home and really started looking at it I believe I am going to have to end up getting a small because I think I am going to need more grate surface.[p]